Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the chat here, but combed through some of the previous winch discussions and haven't seen anything posted similar to what I'm dealing with.

I have a 2011 Arctic Cat 550 H1 EFI (base model). I installed a Superwinch LT3000 on it. I have a brand new battery and every connection is tight. When my four wheeler is not running, the winch operated just fine (up and down with snow blade). When i start the motor the winch goes out just fine but when I try to lift my snow blade, it will only lift a couple inches - I then have to release the switch and continue to hit/release it to get the winch/blade all the way up.

With the ATV off, I hooked up my multimeter to the battery (12V), then the Winch (12V) while operating (up and down). I started the atv and repeated, the battery had 12V and the winch had 12V going down and peaked at about 8V going up. I then moved to where i tapped in for the switch (12V outlet). Not running I get essentially zeros, running I get about 14.5 (stator kicking in).

I don't feel like it can be a wiring or winch issue as the winch operates perfectly fine when the atv motor isnt running. Therefore this is leaving me stumped. Has anyone experienced anything like this or able to provide any insight?

Thank you,
A.J.

·
Administrator
37,626 Posts
What did you tap into? There is a dedicated plug to hook up your winch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tied it into the 12v plug that is mounted to the housing with the display. I found what I believe is the plug you’re referring to down in the wiring harness. My winch did not come with that plug. I am considering splicing into that red wire though.

·
Administrator
37,626 Posts
Go to an auto parts store and buy a plug. Then plug in to that one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I have left to “plug in” is my red wire for the switch. I put it in that plug on the red side and the winch would not operate without the atv motor running, when it was running, it was doing the same thing - only raising the winch about 2 inches.. I attached some photos to kind of show my layout. Everything is back under the seat. Red and black from winch back to solenoid, solenoid to battery. Then solenoid connects to my switch which runs back up to handle bars.

Attachments

·
Administrator
37,626 Posts
Read this

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My solenoid only has red and black come to it from the winch and going from it to the battery. The only other wires I have are green and black that were already attached to the solenoid that match up with the green and black from the switch wiring harness. When all connected and I put the red power source from the switch wiring harness into that accessory plug, the blade will only lift a few inches at a time. If I tap into the 12V plug, the winch works as it should, when I start the atv motor it only lifts a couple inches at a time. I’m not so sure it’s a wiring issue if I can get the winch to work properly, right?

I tried taking a video but apparently can’t upload videos here.

Thanks,

Thanks,
AJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts