Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I am a newbie. I have a 2013 Arctic Cat 500 4X4 ATV and need everything to make it a snowplow. I believe I need a good wench and snow plow kit. Any product recommendations and dealer would be greatly appreciated.

THank you

Rob

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's right, send the wench out to do it it, that'll save the wear n tear on your quad lol

You need a mounting plate and a plow push frame and blade. I strongly advise to steer clear of any that mounts with u bolts. Go with something where the plate mounts onto the frame with existing bolt locations. Even better, an OEM one would be tested by AC to not kill your frame.

Coincidentally, I have a click n Go gen 1 for sale but you're likely not in Nova Scotia and you'd need a mount as mine is for a King Quad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
I bought a Cat plow setup back in 2003. I’ve had no issue with wear and tear. I have a 200’ driveway and about a third of it is about 50’ wide. The rest is 15’ wide. I’ve only worn out a set of replaceable skid pads.
Go 60” wide as when it’s angled, it still plows a path your quad will follow in.

·
Administrator
37,459 Posts
I would get two “wenches” lol

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I have a 72" Cycle Country plow like that on my 700 Diesel Cat. Had to reinforce the push tubes, as the first one bent. My driveway is 300 yards long and the Diesel Cat plows awesome. 1 thing that I would say, don't go overboard buying a large winch. I have a 5,000 lb winch on the Diesel and even with a 45 amp alternator, have to be careful not to run the battery down. If I put the plow on my 700 TRV , the 3500 lb winch , grip heaters and headlights can run the battery down kinda fast. Hate to say, but had more problems with Warn made in USA winches than the cheapo Harbor Freight ones. The 5000 lb Harbor Freight one on my Diesel gets used a lot, plowing and winching out logs. It's been great. Incredibly powerful pulling logs out of the woods.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That setup in the video is way more work than the click n Go or the actual OEM AC plow. I don't want to be messing with pins in the snow.

Just spend the extra and you can be plowing In 30 sec without messing around with pins. And both click n Go and the AC one release just as fast as they go on.

I have a Polaris and an AC, but went with the polaris glacier because who knows what Textron is doing with AC. Seems they are just whoring it out to Cabela's at this point. It was a realistic decision despite the AC being a faster setup. I know I'll be able to get a new polaris down the line and use the same plow. AC could be dead 8n a year. Although I don't like that I have to do more physical work with the polaris glacier setup, but I will never play with pins in the snow lol

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
788 Posts
That setup in the video is way more work than the click n Go or the actual OEM AC plow. I don't want to be messing with pins in the snow.

Just spend the extra and you can be plowing In 30 sec without messing around with pins. And both click n Go and the AC one release just as fast as they go on.

I have a Polaris and an AC, but went with the polaris glacier because who knows what Textron is doing with AC. Seems they are just whoring it out to Cabela's at this point. It was a realistic decision despite the AC being a faster setup. I know I'll be able to get a new polaris down the line and use the same plow. AC could be dead 8n a year. Although I don't like that I have to do more physical work with the polaris glacier setup, but I will never play with pins in the snow lol

I’m going to make quick pins for this winter like the Arctic Cat setup, I just wanted a more solid mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Pins are a pita, luckily I have a shop to keep my Cats in and tend to keep the plow on the Diesel when it's likely to snow. Before I built the shop, remember fumbling underneath in a blizzard to get them in. Cat frames are pretty stout, I can attest, given the abuse that I've subjected my Diesel to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts