Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the speedo on my 2003 Green 300cc 4x4 and I am having a hard time finding one that is less than $100 and does not have a ton of miles racked up on the odometer. I do find many different buying options for a 400cc and larger ATV's and the speedo looks similar (just has a light that is not included in the 300). Does anyone know if the 300cc and 400cc speedo's are the same? (300cc PN - 0420-040 and 400, 454, 500cc PN - 0420-031) Could I buy the speedo for the 400,454,500cc and it will still read accurately?

Or does anyone have a lead on a good used one for the 300?

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
I can't see a reason it would not work. Bracket that it's pinned to fits 250 to 500's and the housing that it bolts to is the same. I'm sure you could find a wire to tap into the light so it works. Gearing is in the transmissions so it should be accurate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response!

That what I was thinking also. The only other thing that I would think could be different is the size of the speedometer cable. But I do not see why they would need different sizes (lengths I would understand).

I was assuming the part number difference was because of the light (which I would splice in like you mentioned)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to follow up and close this topic. I ordered a used speedo from ebay for the 400 and up models and it fits and works just fine. Also, the mph reading appears to be accurate. I have not sliced in the wiring for the light yet but I do plan on hooking that up soon.

·
Administrator
36,318 Posts
Thank you!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts