Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a gallon of APV SYN OIL and its blue. The stuff i used in it last year was brownish. Can I still mix them in the oil reservoir??? The tint shouldn't matter, as long as its the same stuff.

Dose any one have any insight.

LM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hesitated today when i saw it, mixing it with what i already had in there. I'll wait until the light goes on then add it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (04FirecatLM @ Dec 20 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bought a gallon of APV SYN OIL and its blue. The stuff i used last year was brownish. Can I still mix them in the oil reservoir??? The tint shouldn't matter, as long as its the same stuff.

Dose any one have any insight.

LM[/b]
My APV oil has always been blue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just called the AC dealer and APV SYN powervalve was never brown!!!!! It always been blue. I don't know what's in my sled (I think amsoil interseptor) but I'm going to run it down and put Klotz in it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yes you can mix oils with no issues as long as you mix synthetic with synthetic and mineral with mineral. NEVER mix one with the other as the will not blend together.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you don't know what kind of oil is in the tank, run it till the oil tank is just about empty and then put whatever oil you decide to use from now on in and go from there. If not using APV make sure whatever oil you use is formulated for use on motors with power valves as there is a difference.

·
Registered
487 Posts
looks like interceptor, keep running it. good stuff, never had a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts