Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anybody else is running engine ice in their quad. I just picked some up and flushed out my existing anti-freeze. Hopefully this will help from overheating in the summer. It says it has boil over protection til 256 degrees and the system will run up to 50 degrees cooler! I only overheated once but don't want it to happen again!

Mitch

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just changed to engine ice in my 04 v2 after i overheated it. The fan doesnt seem to run as frequent now, but i also took the radiator out and cleaned the fins of the mud. Hopefully this summer i wont have a ploblem with it.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I've been running the Engine Ice coolant in my quad for over a year now and have no complaints whatsoever!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've used Engine Ice in my bike and found the fan to run only a little less often.I would rate it as a good product that also has antifreeze protection.I've used Radiator Relief, Water Wetter and Purple Ice in many different vehicles and all of these have given me much better cooling results than the Engine Ice.When these three products are used with straight water the results are even better. I've found Purple Ice to provide the very best cooling of all of these products.All my engines warm up a little faster also when using Purple Ice vs these other products.

·
Registered
456 Posts
good info.Where are you getting the purple ice? I live in a small town with limited choice of venders.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Summit Racing is where I normally get mine. Jeg's may carry it also.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I read somewhere else in this forum you should mix it with anti-freeze for the protection qualities the anti-freeze gives the metal, so does it matter since our radiators are aluminum? I also put in a 15amp circuit breaker fuse I found at Napa Auto Parts since my fan fuse had blown twice and it started to overheat twice. No more problems with the fan fuse. I couldn't find the purple ice here at O'Reilly's, I'll have to ask them if they will order it. I also get a garden sprayer, put it on fan spray, and put it up against the radiator and flush the fins this way, it seems to get the mud out real well (Alambama clay).

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Purple Ice is compatible with traditional ethylene glycol antifreeze (green) and GM Dex-Cool® antifreeze coolants.

Purple Ice should not be used in new radiators until anti-freeze has been cycled through the system. Contact Royal Purple’s Technical Support department for more information at 888-382-6300 or Email

This is info on This Royal Purple product as I copied and pasted it here. It appears its not a problem to use with anti-freeze, and since I live in the north I wouldn't have a choice but to use anti-freeze. I'm sure anti-freeze would affect the properties of purple ice in some fashion, ie.. heating and cooling properties as indicated in the graph results shown on that site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts