Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace the Starter Rope on my 2001 Polaris XCSP 800 and have ordered some 3/16" AmSteel Winch Rope to use. It has 5400 Pound Average, 4900 Pound Minimum Break Strength.

I have heard of a few (but only a few) If are using it, know anyone using it, or know anything about it, please post what you know.

Thanks, Joel

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I've been using 1/4" marine rope. It's rated about 3200 lbs with excellent chaff resistance. It's been working well for me. I bet that stuff you're looking at will be the last rope you ever need. I tried the home depot stuff once and it's rated for 120lbs. It was good for about one trip.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hoping that the 3/16" size will let me get more length in the starter. I currently has a very short pull and "I hit the end of the rope" before I have made as full of a pull as I would like.

Prior owner may have broken it and never replaced, or it may just be that they can't get a lot of rope in it since it is large diameter.

Am hoping the 3/16" AmSteel will have pleanty of strength and allow extra pull length.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I did notice the 1/4" rope stretches a bit and seems longer now then when it was first installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts