Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 zrt 600, melted 2 pistons. i can't seem to find a supplier besides oem ( with are 231 each!!) wiseco said they would make me some, but i have to buy 12. not good. if anybody cant point to a supplier it would be a big help, because 700 for 3 pistons is retarded. or could recommend a better option ( engine swap maybe?)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I see kits all the time on ebay. First I would find out why it burnt down. It will happen again if you rebuild it and dont find the cause. Check and see if you can see light thry the rubber carb/efi boots that hook to the intake.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Could also be a bad crank seal. Ive also seen a combo of bad gas and carbon on the plug start glowing and ate a piston.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes those are pistons..no they will not fit.. 2001-2002 are different

i think it may have leaned out ( i didnt blow it up.. havent really looked it over much )

called alot of people today lol

wiseco - no
spi - no
spx - no
llp - no
prox - no
je - no
namura- no
kimpex - no

namura rep confirmed they run the same bore size as the pre-2000 models but is sugjesting the pin hieghts may be different.

wiseco is willing to make them and the a spi dealer said he is contacting the company to see if they can help me out

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
01-02 have APV's so different port timing and different shape pistons. My colleague was is the same position as you and went OEM for lack of options.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I can sell you those OEM pistons for $129.53 and I will ship them to you for the actual shipping cost from the USPS. Take a look at them at funoutfitters.com or give me a call at 866-531-0123.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts