Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went riding this weekend and i was having problems with my shield frosting over, so when i got home and brought it inside I noticed it had tons of moisture between the lenses... great now i have money I put away for riding for a new shield. If anyone knows a website online where I can find one I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much sno pro, now to decide if i want to upgrade to an electric shield for $100 approx. or just get a replacement... hmm

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks 3cat, is alphasports canadian or U.S., if U.S. I think I might get that electric shield kit for $79.95

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks just saw that... Now my next question to anyone... I fall off the sled quite a bit when playing around in the powder or just from landing a jump wrong. If i have a heated shield will it disconnect pretty easily like my tether without doing any damage?? Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had one break off the small adapter on the shield that the wire plugs into after mislanding a jump. I had the wire plugged into the extra outlet on the main hood harness and routed it out of a vent under the windsheild, it seemed to be at an awkward angle to for the cords to disconnect and instead broke the sheild. I had a PFP1 adapter already in my console, bought an adapter for a TXI and have fallen off since and not had a problem as the cords released at that point instead of at the shield. You could easily plug it into the extra (white) outlet on the plug that powers the oil level sensor inside the console (around your steering post has the key switch in it) and drill a hole and put the cord through there and then plug into it at that point. I also just unplug it if I can when hitting bigger jumps now just to be safe though. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRBIGA @ Feb 4 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had one break off the small adapter on the shield that the wire plugs into after mislanding a jump. I had the wire plugged into the extra outlet on the main hood harness and routed it out of a vent under the windsheild, it seemed to be at an awkward angle to for the cords to disconnect and instead broke the sheild. I had a PFP1 adapter already in my console, bought an adapter for a TXI and have fallen off since and not had a problem as the cords released at that point instead of at the shield. You could easily plug it into the extra (white) outlet on the plug that powers the oil level sensor inside the console (around your steering post has the key switch in it) and drill a hole and put the cord through there and then plug into it at that point. I also just unplug it if I can when hitting bigger jumps now just to be safe though. Hope this helps.[/b]
Maybe you can get a few pictures for.. if so I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Mabey they should do the plug like the tether cord and have a small plug at the bottom so if u fall off it easily comes off, but not so easy u have to keep stopping to put it back on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts