Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I saw a thread awhile back where somone had installed an O2 sensor and guage on their sled. Can't seem to find it now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have one that I have not installed yet, would also like to see some ideas on locations. I saw one posted, it was installed in the hole were the auxillary power plug is in the left side of the console. Problem I see with this is, I can not see the plug when ridding. I thought about attaching it to my handle bars.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Will an O2 sensor in a two stroke be contaminated by the oil in the exhaust and not function properly? If not, why haven't manufactures made the leap and just put O2 sensors on the sleds? Then we could mod all we want and the sled will adjust fuel for the modifications automatically.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
they still don't adjust for it.. it can help but in no way make large adjustments to the computer.. that's too easy....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mike C @ Jan 23 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Will an O2 sensor in a two stroke be contaminated by the oil in the exhaust and not function properly? If not, why haven't manufactures made the leap and just put O2 sensors on the sleds? Then we could mod all we want and the sled will adjust fuel for the modifications automatically.[/b]

That's my understanding.
Injector oil creates too filthy an environment for today's O2 sensors to last an acceptable lifespan.

Betcha you see them on the 4 strokers though.

·
Banned
252 Posts
The O2 sensors work awesome, instant fuel adjustments show up on the sensor instantaneously. The life span is shortened on a 2 stroke , but not affected until manufacturers published rate. could be 400 hrs, could be 1000 hrs. As this will also dictate the cost of your O2 sensor as well. Once you get a bseline and know where your sled is, when it does go aria you will notice quickly, either somethings up with yuor fuel system ofr the sensor is going. Runing one on a PSer @ 32:1 and its been fine for 2 years now. I was also told that once up to temp and the hotter you run it the longer it lives. exhaust can near stinger is best location.

·
Registered
157 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS Dan @ Jan 23 2007, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
they still don't adjust for it.. it can help but in no way make large adjustments to the computer.. that's too easy....[/b]

Heaven for bid something is easy these days bang your head

·
Registered
49 Posts
Installed the O2 sensor on my F1000 a couple weeks ago. Rode the sled for the first time this year today on our local lake for 45 miles. The sensor works excellant and does exactly what it is supposed to; it responded instantly to the changes I made with the Boondocker control box. This is the first EFI sled I have owned and must say it is awesome to be able to adjust the fuel without having to go through the work needed to change jets. The sled ran great; no sign of any of the problems that have been reported.

As far as installation of the sensor gauge; it mounts very neatly on the space to the lower left hand side of the tach/speedometer. The gauge comes with a bracket and threaded studs for mounting. You need to remove and completely disassemble the headlight gauge pod assembly and drill two holes to install. You may need to trim the bracket a bit to get enough clearance for a level placement of the gauge. This location is perfect for seeing and reading the gauge. You will need to drill or cut an access hole for the wires of the gauge to fit through at the base of the tach/speedo pod where it sits down on the dash and then route the wires as needed. I used the wires that go to the accessory plug on the left side of the dash to power the gauge and the main accessory plug located at the right side of the sled along the frame behind the exhaust silencer to power the LC-1. I also put a large farely thick O-ring on the shoulder of the back of the gauge to help act as a seal and to dampen the gauge.

The gauge was purchased from D&D.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It was made by Innovate Motorsports. Gauge is the XD-16 digital universal dash display. The contoller is the LC-1 digital ratio sensor controller.

Sorry, no I don't have any pictures.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What A/F ratio numbers are your targets? On Innovate's site, the fourstroke auto engine they're tuning they're shooting for low to mid 14s at idle and at wot mid to high 12s. Looking at the Bikeman, Dynotech, and D&D dyno sheets I'm seeing A/F ratios of 11-12 at various rpm ranges equating to BSFC's in the low to mid .60s. Is there a playback function? When do you know you're approaching a burndown or seize?

Thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
23 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kirk @ Jan 25 2007, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Installed the O2 sensor on my F1000 a couple weeks ago. Rode the sled for the first time this year today on our local lake for 45 miles. The sensor works excellant and does exactly what it is supposed to; it responded instantly to the changes I made with the Boondocker control box. This is the first EFI sled I have owned and must say it is awesome to be able to adjust the fuel without having to go through the work needed to change jets. The sled ran great; no sign of any of the problems that have been reported.

As far as installation of the sensor gauge; it mounts very neatly on the space to the lower left hand side of the tach/speedometer. The gauge comes with a bracket and threaded studs for mounting. You need to remove and completely disassemble the headlight gauge pod assembly and drill two holes to install. You may need to trim the bracket a bit to get enough clearance for a level placement of the gauge. This location is perfect for seeing and reading the gauge. You will need to drill or cut an access hole for the wires of the gauge to fit through at the base of the tach/speedo pod where it sits down on the dash and then route the wires as needed. I used the wires that go to the accessory plug on the left side of the dash to power the gauge and the main accessory plug located at the right side of the sled along the frame behind the exhaust silencer to power the LC-1. I also put a large farely thick O-ring on the shoulder of the back of the gauge to help act as a seal and to dampen the gauge.

The gauge was purchased from D&D.

Hope this helps.[/b]
Have you wired it to pick up rpm,tps or any other sensors? I've run another brand for a couple years with success & will install on the f1000 once sled gives some oil tracking on inside of pipe for probe location.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts