Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay all, my wife wants a horn on her '06 400. Looking to go cheap here. I found some motorcycle horns on ebay for $10.00. What is the best way to wire them. I want a small waterproof pushbutton on the pod. Do I need a relay or not??

Steve

·
Registered
297 Posts
I put a horn our bike..... I used a car horn no relay strait to the battery with a in line fuse ..
and a push button on top of handle bar..... :super_happy:
SM Cat

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I thought about one of those OOGA horns they've got in Sportsman's Guide. Every now and again I need to get someone's attention and I can't think of a better way to do it. I think I'll snorkle first though.
JD

·
Registered
519 Posts
Maybe a boat horn would be the ticket, as they are designed to work in wet conditions and are pretty compact. They are also relatively cheap and are simple to wire. They run on a two wire system with a simple push button. I would think you could do the whole thing for around $25.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
a boat horn, hmmmm? i wonder if i could..........naw, i wouldn't beable to wire the air compressor. (you gotta see my boat)
[attachment=59349:san_gabrial.jpg]
this is one that i worked on.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered an inexpensive motorcycle horn off of ebay. I'll let you know how it works.

Steve

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered an inexpensive motorcycle horn off of ebay. I'll let you know how it works.

Steve

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
mrmrezq, your horn would sure clear the trails ahead of ya.
JD

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Cheap car horn and button from autozone, just mount it pointing down, or it can fill up with mud/water and stop working.

·
Registered
138 Posts
In Montana the horn is required to make it street legal. Go to dealer ask for horn kit, should do you for less than $20 (i think 10 for the horn and 5 for the button or something like that). It will be a small motorcycle type horn and a small red/yellow/black button to mount on the handlebar. Takes all of 15 minutes to put it in. Mounted mine up front on the left side (the 06 400 has a hole there already). To be honest they are completely worless as when you are riding nobody can hear the stupd thing. I am constantly trying to get the attention of the person in front of them and have better luck passing and pointing ( thats at 35 MPH on a mountain road)

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts