Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Anyone have a preference with what fuel stabilizer to use for summer storage?

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Sebastian F7 
#1 ·
Anyone have a preference with what fuel stabilizer to use for summer storage?

#2 ·
Sta-bil marine and start it once or twice a month has always worked for me.

#4 ·
I use Startron enzyme fuel treatment in all my power equipment

#5 ·
Star-ton is another good one, but from what I have read its more of a short term gas treatment than anything, do you use it for summer storage???? I do try to use it at every fill up as its a treatment.I dunno

#9 ·
#10 ·
Another StarTron user. Use it all our gas powered equipment for the pool biz for winter storage. And use it at every fill up in the sleds. At the end of the season, I'll add some non-ethonal fuel and more StarTron to the sleds. No problems so far.

Also use it in our boat at the start and the end of the season even though the marina we buy fuel from on the lake has "additives" in it all ready. Better safe than sorry.

Snowblower is on our lawn tractor, same as the mover deck....so that gets used all year around. However, because it does sit for extended periods of time occasionally , I also use StarTron regularly in it too. I buy it by the case....much more cost-effective then buying a bottle here and there.

#15 · (Edited)
Startron and most others are no good.

This stuff rocks and will always use this. I've seen this in action in test tubes last week. We actually were testing against startron. Startron didn't do S***. Water still at bottom of tube.

This new stuff gets rid of the water completely! Will keep gas good for 2yrs

My KTM and quad only gets the best

Material property

#16 ·
Startron and most others are no good.

This stuff rocks and will always use this. I've seen this in action in test tubes last week. We actually were testing against startron. Startron didn't do S***. Water still at bottom of tube.

This new stuff gets rid of the water completely! Will keep gas good for 2yrs

My KTM and quad only gets the best

View attachment 229156
I've been using Gas-RX for the last couple of years. Seems to work ok.

The funny thing about these products is that everybody thinks the product they choose to use is great based on the fact that they have not had an issue while using it. Most do very little of what they claim and Startron is probably the king of advertising hype. Using fresh gas is the best thing you can do and far outweighs running older stabilized fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.