Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on going up tommorrow morning, just wondering if anyone else was planning on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How's the snow there? We're in Java Lake, which is Wyoming County right in the lake effect snow belt. Here we have just about a foot and there's mud underneath it and it's melting from the bottom and our forcast on Friday says the highs and lows are going to be in the 40's this weekend so it's not going to last. My sled's still on the pallet. I haven't moved it this year. Started it 3 months ago but that's it.

Logan

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same up there, but more trails are on seasonal roads so not as much mud. I am sure there will be mud and water holes but it is more that I have seen so far.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just loaded the trailer!... they have 12"+/- and another 3-12 on the way tomorrow..!! it's about $#@&%ing time!

·
Premium Member
4,355 Posts
i know someone that was up there with wheelers this weekend, they said there will be some HUGE water and mud holes

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (logan714 @ Jan 9 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How's the snow there? We're in Java Lake, which is Wyoming County right in the lake effect snow belt. Here we have just about a foot and there's mud underneath it and it's melting from the bottom and our forcast on Friday says the highs and lows are going to be in the 40's this weekend so it's not going to last. My sled's still on the pallet. I haven't moved it this year. Started it 3 months ago but that's it.

Logan[/b]
Howdy neighbor! I think you guys have a bit more snow over your way. I live over near Byrncliff and we got approx. 6" was all but the further south you go the better. My son and I had em out today around here on our property and it is melting underneath fast. I'm sure fools will be out tonight beating up the trails but we need cold to go with more snow. Hope we get it! Cheers! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Howdy neighbor! I think you guys have a bit more snow over your way. I live over near Byrncliff and we got approx. 6" was all but the further south you go the better. My son and I had em out today around here on our property and it is melting underneath fast. I'm sure fools will be out tonight beating up the trails but we need cold to go with more snow. Hope we get it! Cheers! :beer_cheers:
[/quote]

Hey, you're close. I was just talking to my snowmobiling partner who lives in corfu for about an hour, he has a cabin down here, and we came up with the exact same answer. I live about a third of a mile from the main trail that goes to North Java/Java Center. Haven't heard anyone yet, but I'm expecting to. In the colony theres an old 3 hole golf course and I saw some kid tearing up his sled there today.

Me and my partner both ride older sleds and we can't see tearing them up on rocks. The long range weather forcast says that we might get good conditions in a week or two, but the ground's got to freeze first. How'd ya like the mud for the past 7 months?

Have a good night.
Logan

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (05F7efisnopro @ Jan 9 2007, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just loaded the trailer!... they have 12"+/- and another 3-12 on the way tomorrow..!! it's about $#@&%ing time![/b]
What time you heading up and where you unloading? I am planning on meeting up with Ucop

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We were up there yesterday morning. Ucop, Slowgoer, Snowman, ArcticCatPower and myself. Only road approx 25 miles. We dropped in Redfield. Wrong choice, mud of course try to get up the hill but alot of good sized rocks. Others that dropped up top road more and said it wasn't as bad. But after the day I am sure it was all pretty rough. Slowgoer ended up loading back up and heading north to ride more but haven't heard how that went. I was gonna go with him but I had already game him a "nice to meet you tap" in the bumper and felt bad. Don't think I did any damage to his sled. I did manage to scrape the hood on mine though. War wound. I was going slow luckily

·
Registered
714 Posts
Spent the day on the hill. If they don't get some snow, this weekend will suck. We dropped at Montigue. Riding was great this morning. By afternoon we were starting to see dirt. LOTS OF SLEDS!!!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Been reading/hearing reports that alot of the trails on the hill and surronding areas are getting thin or down to nothing from alot of traffic. I'm going to wait till the next snowfall to try & get up there. Did manage to ride a field or two around my house for about 20 minutes the other night and put on "a few" miles with the 4" of powder we had covering the ground. It felt good to finally get it opened up! C'MON SNOW... :D --Snotty 440

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WNYCatRider @ Jan 11 2007, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We were up there yesterday morning. Ucop, Slowgoer, Snowman, ArcticCatPower and myself. Only road approx 25 miles. We dropped in Redfield. Wrong choice, mud of course try to get up the hill but alot of good sized rocks.[/b]
I've had my doubts as I know that Every first sledding trip (Unless a huge snowstorm impacted the area) nearly sucked from my experience. I usually wait out even though I'm itching to go. :devil_angry:

·
Registered
597 Posts
My friends went up yesterday and i couldnt go but I am glad i didnt.

They got in 80 miles but they said it was pretty beat and there was water holes everywhere...

Looks like next week we may ride. I need to get the hell out there to much work lately!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I need an update what's the trail look like at the Hill. My Canada trip was cancelled so a bunch of us were thinking about comin up to the Hill since I've been seeing a lot of white on the radar. What's it look like? Is it torn up already? Is it worth the trip comin from Westchester New York

·
Registered
127 Posts
anybody know if there is any snow on the hill? i was planning on going up fri or sat but dont know how much snow they have. the webcams kinda suck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts