Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my 2010 F8 next weekend. I was wondering if anyone moved from a 2007-09 F8 to a 2010?

Wondering if the new HO 800 is all they claim it to be? Of course maybe too early in the season for a review.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I traded up from an 07 F8 LXR to an 2010 F8 LE sno pro.I think its a little early to tell the difference but I did notice a big boost in throttle response just going on and off the trailer and a short run acrossed the lawn :D
my 07 had a Y-pipe,single,boondocker,08 air bezels so it was not stock and the new HO seems to have a lot more snap

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (educated-swine @ Nov 13 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I traded up from an 07 F8 LXR to an 2010 F8 LE sno pro.I think its a little early to tell the difference but I did notice a big boost in throttle response just going on and off the trailer and a short run acrossed the lawn :D
my 07 had a Y-pipe,single,boondocker,08 air bezels so it was not stock and the new HO seems to have a lot more snap[/b]

Sounds good...I cant wait to ride mine...Where is all the SNOW!!!

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
The new motor is going to be a lot "snappier" over the 07-09 motors mostly due to the weight cut off the crank...which allows the motor to respond quicker to throttle input. Overall, the new motor will make a lot of people happy with the increased performance. I can guess that it should have about the same feel as my 09 with the D&D shim kit, Y and single pipe as Cat basically did about the same things to the motor from the factory for the HO. However, the new motor (as said above) will be more responsive with the new crank. I'm betting that most, if not all, of those who buy one will really be happy with it. Dyno numbers on production sleds have shown that the 160+ that was talked about with the pre-production motors was not a tease and that the production motors are just a strong.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Stopped up at a riding buddy's place last night as he just picked up a 2010 F8 SnoPro. He's coming off a 2007 F6 so I think he'll be in for a very nice surprise in the power dept!! :lol: Unfortunately where we live there's not even cold weather yet, let alone snow. We're both anxious to get out and ride, and compare our two sleds but it looks like it's going to be a while.

Cat did a heckuva job with the powerplants in the new 800's this year. Comparing that new F8 of my buddy's to my '07 F8 .... holy crap have they come a long way! I'm excited for the 2010 owners ... I think Cat has made up for season past when the Twin Spar was down on power (relatively speaking).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant wait until next weekend to bring mine home, but I am in the same boat, most likely have at least a month or more before I can ride it..Thanks for the reviews and info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just picked up my 2010 F8 LE SP. Really digging the paint scheme on it. Upgraded from an 07 F8 Std so I'm also curious to the motor differences. Cat has rocked so far on the clay so far with this new 8.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts