Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In very cold temps on hardpack I'm getting the flashing over-temp warning on a regular basis. Wife's C7 runs in same conditions with no problems. If I break away from the pack and pick the pace up it goes out, but at slower speeds with the group there's just not enough snow contacting the heat exchangers. As temps warm into the 3 to 5F range the snow changes enough that the light rarely comes on. Just wondering if I'm the only one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same is happening on my F1000. It seems to over heat / temp. light flash when I'm passing through towns, doing alot of starting - stopping, and idling at stop signs. Once I get back to trail speeds the light quites flashing!? Taking it to the dealer to get it looked over, I'll let you know what they tell me!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Mine does too but is ported and a single pipe. It's not getting enough snow for cooling when running at slow speeds. Pick up the pace and it goes away.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pmk @ Feb 12 2007, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In very cold temps on hardpack I'm getting the flashing over-temp warning on a regular basis. Wife's C7 runs in same conditions with no problems. If I break away from the pack and pick the pace up it goes out, but at slower speeds with the group there's just not enough snow contacting the heat exchangers. As temps warm into the 3 to 5F range the snow changes enough that the light rarely comes on. Just wondering if I'm the only one.[/b]
f1000 here and i have been threw like 5 mile streches of real crap and not much snow cover and never seen the light come on and it was 14f and when i have seen it, it was the same as all the guys i ride with 04 mxz 800,06 f7,06 f7,06 saber cat 700. the speeds were 5 to 10 mph for 5 to 7 miles, no mods here

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine came on a couple of times when I stopped for a little bit, then would raise the rpm's to pull away. Once I got going, the light would go out. I'm ported/piped, ect. also.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine came on coming through town and then when at idle waiting to put it in the trailer. Never seen it in the trails, but has been enough snow so makes sense.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Mine did it once on a lake with hardly any snow, kind of expected it. I found some snow right away and it went out just like it is suppose to do. My Saber Cat 700 did it and my wife's Saber 600 does it also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My F1000 is stock and the light also comes on more than I think it should. It happens even in 10-15 degree temps. Same thing happens when I pickup speed and find some extra snow, the light goes out. If you are riding on the side of the rode. It comes on quite easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts