Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Anybody drag racing an Arctic Cat ATV?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wallamatogus 
#1 ·
There may be a venue having ATV/SxS drags near me next summer. It's a 400', two lane, clay track. For the one race they had, they ran a 550cc utility class. I have a '14 550 XT, so I figure that's a good place to start. I've played with the clutches on it a little bit and have improved performance, and I'm sure I can get more if I get serious about it. Having raced snowmobiles and karts for a good many years, I'm looking for a new challenge, and this might be it. The track being 15 minutes from my house doesn't hurt either! Anyone have any tips they care to share?

#2 ·
I used to run a Web racing cam and timing advance key on my old 2001 500 Arctic Cat. Had to run 93 octane with the advance key. Made quite a difference. I have a Hypershift kit on my 700 Cat, heavier wet clutch springs will raise the engagement to more than 2500 rpms getting it into the powerband for a quick take off. I clutched it for more bottom end and less top speed. It's not all about more hp, but getting it to the ground. What I don't know much about, any custom tuning of the electronic fuel injection. Easy peasy with the carburetored 500 that I had. I wan a wideband O2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.