Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just started happening they other day i started my sled let it worm up for around 25 mins it was about 35 below when i went to move the sled it made a loud grinding noise it stoped and i tryed to move it again it worked fine i guess when i put it in foward the last time b4 i shut it off it must not have went in gear fully. then the next day when i tryed to unload it from the truck i put it in reverse and it made the loud grinding noise again. so i put it in forward and back into reverse again and it worked fine again after that it was only about 5 below that day :beer_cheers: . just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it. and i was also wondering if anyone if anyone has gotten a crack in there hood in the little grilll right below the head lights. i haven't hit anything and don't know how it would have gotten there

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you sure the grinding noise wasn't just a big chunk of ice from your heat exchangers jamming inbetween your exchangers and your track? That happens quite often when you let them warm up so long, the ice usually falls off down the trail so you don't notice it. My cousin had a 2" track on his mountain max and it would stop you dead if you were doing under 15 mph. Probably not the problem if it did it again in reverse, but maybe. I don't have the luxury of reverse so I don't know :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't think it's a chunk of ice but next time it happens i will check it really sounds like the gears winding over and as for the crack in the it dosn't matter now i cacked it good now brought up solid and went over the hood any one know if there is a light waight hoood on the markit for it? :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine has done the same thing as you described. It is not ice. Mine did it when it was very cold -18F. Sounds like it can't find a gear??B

·
Registered
24 Posts
if the motor is idling to high then it will grind before it engages, thats the problem I had when I picked mine up and the throttle linkage was to tight.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i ;never noticed what it was idilng at but that makes sence thanks and as for the small crack it dosn't matter now cus i got some big cracss think a black hood with some orang decales would look good on an sp? and also dose anyone make a light waight hood for the xfire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts