Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a line on a 02 M/C 800 w/new top end reeds and a few other lil goodies for 2800 US was wondering what input some of you have on this sled. Cant afford a king cat yet so thought the 800 would be a great step up from the m/c 500 I have now. Motor dependability is my main interest.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used to own a 2002 800 Mountain Cat. Talk about a torque monster! I put over a 1000 miles on it before upgrading to the M series. I did not have any problems with the sled. I heard that the stators go out some times. The old mountain cats do not compare to the new M series sleds though.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
i have a 01 mc 800 with 02 graphics that use to be my dads ( who has a m7 now) i a fun all around sled we just cant part with it it will hang with the m7s untill it gets DEEP but it is awsome we have put it on ebay 3 times but never even got a bid so figured it just wasnt meant to be so 3800 miles later (all in the mountains of south dakota and wyoming you just cant go r=wrong with a mc

as for dependability of the motor it runs untill you blow the clutch apart and try n baby for 3 miles in 3 foot of fresh powder
haha
so no problems with motor

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the info guys. I now have the guy down to 2500.00 and its a done deal. Woohoo Smackz has a 800 144 cat! I'm so excited I could **** in my carharts lol..j/k. I'll get some pics up this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
That thing will get you everywhere you need to go, I had one last year for about 3 weeks & it was a great sled!
There's some simple things you can do to it to make it handle more like the M's, I'll stop by sometime & shoot the sh*t.

BTW, if you've got it & are ready to ride, we're riding over by my place, the snow sucks but it's good for getting the sleds tuned & making sure they still work!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
i use mine as my backup sled now. i have over 8,000 miles on mine and have never had the engine apart. loved that sled to death, is a little wide and low but sure got me around for 4 years!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually the the deal ended up changing and I now have a king cat that post you read was from last winter

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
I thought that was a done deal, I was wondering what the heck happened to the KK!!

it's funny how threads get brought back from the dead on occasion!

·
Registered
133 Posts
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD THROW OUT A PICTURE OF MINE. I LOVE IT. HERE IS THE LIST OF GOODIES SO FAR: MBRP CAN, OLES RISER, BOSS SEAT, ICE SCRATCHERS, SOON TO HAVE SLP POWDER PROS.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's a pic of the 02 800 I just picked up this fall. It had a bad fuel pump :eek: which cost me over 200 bucks. I put TrackRack gas cans on after these pics were taken. Other than an MBRP can the engine and clutching is stock. I just took it out to the hills last weekend and it ran ok. The clutching is WAY off. I was at 3000-6000 ft and its clutched for 0-3000 ft. It has 70.5g weights with a yellow/green spring and a 55* helix with a red/white spring. Would not backshift well and only taching 7100 rpm. It was still fun but I'm definitely going to play with the clutching. It really pulled in low and midrange, though. What a torquer!!

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here's one I maybe picking up quite soon before the snow flies

Tell me what ya Think.. I was thinking going with a new black hood... Some Orange Decals and calling her HellKat... Just and Idear floatin around now..

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (»Â°Ĉ« FĩŘЁ& @ Nov 16 2007, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here's one I maybe picking up quite soon before the snow flies

Tell me what ya Think.. I was thinking going with a new black hood... Some Orange Decals and calling her HellKat... Just and Idear floatin around now..[/b]

You can alwasy tell which guys are from the midwest or out east, their sleds look great & they're working on the nex paint "mod" or decal "mod" instead of making it climb higher!!! na na

my sleds look like sh*t, just the way I like em!! :moon:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts