Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi got two pipes coming up to temp but tried everything to get the one on the pull cord side to come up to temp but nothing!!!!!can any one tell me why it wont or how to fix it thanks

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Hi got two pipes coming up to temp but tried everything to get the one on the pull cord side to come up to temp but nothing!!!!!can any one tell me why it wont or how to fix it thanks
swap the wires first and see if that helps and then try swapping carbs. Check to see if you have exhaust obstruction or airbox obstruction.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swap the wires first and see if that helps and then try swapping carbs. Check to see if you have exhaust obstruction or airbox obstruction.
Hi there The pips are blowing smoke out the ends on all three! plug on the one that wont come up to temp has lots of spark and plug is wet so its getting fuel and spark other two get hot I also put a plastic stick in the plug hole to see if piston is moving IT IS all new pistons and rings on all three jugs will try what you stated and get back to you. anything else you can think of for me to try or check thanks.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
did you check the reeds? If the plug is wet you may have pinched a oring and have a little antifreeze leaking in there.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you check the reeds? If the plug is wet you may have pinched a oring and have a little antifreeze leaking in there.
Ok just remembered something On the pipe that wont come up to temp. before I put new cables one that plunger was stuck in place BUT when I got it out I cleaned the hole the plunger sits in so wondering maby the plunger is not bottoming out gonna pull the carb and check it seem to work good after cleaning the carb thanks any other thing I can try before taking it off will get back to you thanks

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You dont need topull te carb. just pull up on the choke cable and it should be free for about a 1/16 of an inch before you start moving the plunger.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You dont need topull te carb. just pull up on the choke cable and it should be free for about a 1/16 of an inch before you start moving the plunger.
Ok I pulled Up on the cable and got lots of movement gonna take the plunger out and stretch the spring a bit to see if dose any thing can't figure this out got it last year with the old cables but can't get it with new ones grrrrrrrrrrrr thanks any more help will be great.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi there in my last post I stated I did a carb clean, a reed check, check pipe for obstructions, swapped wires and got lots of spark and gas all seams good but that jug still runs cold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts