Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to trailer up the sleds the end of January. Not sure where to go and don't really want to go out of the state. Any good riding conditions anywhere in Minnesota?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Up in the Duluth area I hear and see snowmobiles out. Mines not done yet sadly. I'm sure up in Virginia there's even more. Where are you located? I assume down by the cities.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Near St. Cloud. Thinking of head to the north shore trails or maybe the Bemidji area.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Rode the north shore trails this last weekend. The State trail was very good all the way from Duluth to Grand Marias, however there was noticeably more snow north of Silver Bay. The Yukon trail was very good, but the tomahawk trail had some poor spots. The gunflint trails were pretty good, but a bit bumpier. I heard that the Grand Portage trails were in great shape, but the access trail to there from the gunflint is still closed due to downed trees. If you plan on riding up there this weekend, be aware that the John Beargrease dog sled races will be using some of the trail system starting on Jan 31 to Feb 4

·
Registered
127 Posts
went by cloquet south of Duluth about 1 foot there all trails were groomed and in fair to good shape. They just got another 4in of snow up there today.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looking to trailer up the sleds the end of January. Not sure where to go and don't really want to go out of the state. Any good riding conditions anywhere in Minnesota?
MN trails SUCK and always will. Not due to lack of snow, but to where the money ends up. It doesn't seem to end up in the trail system when it takes 9 or 10 hours to ride 100 miles because the terrain under the trail itself is never taken care of. Ride any state corridor in Mi or Wi compared to Mn & you'll see what I'm talking about. I consider myself a moderate trail rider, not a speed demon, but it would be nice to average at least 25-30 mph on a ride rather than 10-15. If you plan to ride in Mn, don't forget to make an appt w/ your chiropractor. BTW, I've lived in MN 5 yrs & have only seen ONE groomer in operation. And that was on a club trail, not a state trail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts