Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raise your hands if you were,, that is, unless you do not want to 'fess up to the dangerously foolish acts of stupidity you performed Saturday afternoon along the Soo Grade trail near Soldier Lake, and again shortly later, on seasonal County Rd 3139 two miles south of M-28 in Chippewa County

Does that extra rush of cc's really make up for what YOU lack somewhere else and truly make you feel like a man now?? You came dangerously close to hitting myself and my son as you foolishly performed two un-called for passes,, the second one was really idiotic, as you not only came dangerously close, but proceeded to throw the sled sideways with the help of the throttle, showering my son (who momentarily had his shield open at that precise time)in the eyes with ice,, and then!,, to turn around a few miles up this rd and come back!, possibly looking to do this again,,, :bang:

If he hadn't been along with me and been of major concern, that little meeting after the first episode wouldn't have been as friendly as I allowed it to be, you chose to remain on your sled and not apparently comprehend a damn word I said!!, just remember, you made the mistake of stopping right next to a perfect launching pad buddy (whoever you are), now i'm not one to get nutty in most cases, but, you crossed the line and somewhere along the line will peeve someone off and get what you deserve

I'm not saying anyone from A-Chat membership is this person (as i'm sure they're not,, all being well behaved citizens they are), but with any luck, this thread will get linked to a few other sites and that person (if they have the brains to read) will see this, and THINK WISELY the next time before doing something so stupid

Sorry Dan, Nick and crew,,, this is just something I feel we, as sledders need to be aware of,, this person after the first foolish act, followed it up like it was a joke, and IMO, more folks need to be aware of crap like this,, however with the way this site is run (strict/straight and with WISDOM), and how I as well as MANY feel it's called home to many of the best sledders in the world, I felt there was no better way to get this message out, where all can read/see about it,, thank you

·
Registered
116 Posts
That sucks!!! I am really sorry to hear that, the nerve some people have is beyond me. I do have to say being new to sledding that when my sled broke down on the trail the other day that I was lucky to have 14 differnt people (4 groups) stop to check to see if i needed anything. Unfourtnaly my buddy was on his way to come tow me out and I couldn't reach him to tell him some others offered to help me (a hell of a friend, he drove 30 mins. and then 2 miles back in the woods to help me). You know that is what i thought sledding was all about having a good time and helping people out that needed it, not CRAPPING on someone. I just moved up to the U.P. in August and and have been told by a lot of the locals that with the season being the way it is when the people come up for the weekend that they are all throtle happy and it makes for a non-enjoyable weekend. Again I am sorry to hear that, and for them to do it when your son is there what kind of impression are these anmials setting for our youth? Good sportsmanship, I highly dout it.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I agree with you 100%. It's Jerks like this that ruin the sport for everyone. But you can guarantee they are the first to cry when they lose their riding privileges, or they have a wreck and blame you. At the same time they can't figure out why their insurance is so high. I could not live with hurting someone. This is a family sport , always was.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
c-note, I totally understood where you're standing and all pissy. Too many idiots are out there ruining the sport of snowmobiling.

Where I live...The snowmobile club called Hilton Sno-Flyers had posted on their website that the trails are CLOSED, but sledders still went out. :devil_angry:

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Sorry to hear this C..

It's times like this that really can test ones self discipline, with the boy along you made the right choice... :thumbsup:

All it takes is one idiot on the trail to ruin it for everybody.... and there seems to be more and more of them everyday.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (anthony10092 @ Jan 21 2007, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That sucks!!! I am really sorry to hear that, the nerve some people have is beyond me. I do have to say being new to sledding that when my sled broke down on the trail the other day that I was lucky to have 14 differnt people (4 groups) stop to check to see if i needed anything. Unfourtnaly my buddy was on his way to come tow me out and I couldn't reach him to tell him some others offered to help me (a hell of a friend, he drove 30 mins. and then 2 miles back in the woods to help me). You know that is what i thought sledding was all about having a good time and helping people out that needed it, not CRAPPING on someone. I just moved up to the U.P. in August and and have been told by a lot of the locals that with the season being the way it is when the people come up for the weekend that they are all throtle happy and it makes for a non-enjoyable weekend. Again I am sorry to hear that, and for them to do it when your son is there what kind of impression are these anmials setting for our youth? Good sportsmanship, I highly dout it.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CodyG @ Jan 21 2007, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Some people are just asses.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slick @ Jan 21 2007, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I agree with you 100%. It's Jerks like this that ruin the sport for everyone. But you can guarantee they are the first to cry when they lose their riding privileges, or they have a wreck and blame you. At the same time they can't figure out why their insurance is so high. I could not live with hurting someone. This is a family sport , always was.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Jan 22 2007, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
c-note, I totally understood where you're standing and all pissy. Too many idiots are out there ruining the sport of snowmobiling.

Where I live...The snowmobile club called Hilton Sno-Flyers had posted on their website that the trails are CLOSED, but sledders still went out. :devil_angry:[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CATnDOO @ Jan 22 2007, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry to hear this C..

It's times like this that really can test ones self discipline, with the boy along you made the right choice... :thumbsup:

All it takes is one idiot on the trail to ruin it for everybody.... and there seems to be more and more of them everyday.[/b]
THANK YOU,, one and all,, it's great to see i'm not alone with this view of immature idiots out there running around instead of being on a leash or in a cage,, thankfully, my sons eyes were not damaged, and it's good to see that this is being acknowledged,, again, Thank You ALL!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Could not have said it better c-note.

I was ran off the trail this Sat. coming around the corner, watched as sleds blew stop signs and park 5 or more sleds in the middle of the trail to bull ****.

I turned around and went back home and put the sled away for the weekend. I prabably saved my own life by doing this.

Sad...very sad.

-Duane

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I had an act like this happen near South Range, MI a few years back. Our group was stopped right at the intersection of the Freda Loop and some guy on a ZR800 went around, threw the sled sideways and proceeded to shower our entire group with ice and rocks. Without even thinking I yanked the cord and never lifted the flipper off the handlebar until I passed him (on my own 800). He pulled over and I about lost it (all 150# of me). He felt bad and that was that. In hindsite one of the stupidest things I've ever done....pass someone on the trail at over 100mph (on the right!). Not something I'd recommend or will ever do again.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 22 2007, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
pass someone on the trail at over 100mph (on the right!).

Not something I'd recommend or will ever do again.[/b]
Not so funny thing here,, this is EXACXTLY what the a--hat did the first time, on a trail that he (or we/all of us) could have easily dropped off from a 40'-50' or so ledge we were on at the time,, sounds from what you posted, it has all the similarities of what happened to us, maybe the same ---hole? I dunno He seemed to at first comprehend what I was ripping him about, then less than 5 minutes later did even worse,, like I stated, he was lucky my son was there, or I wouldn't have made it such a nice ''trailside chat''

Chris, I hear ya' there,, in the summer of 1987, I had the stupidity to jump on my road bike w/only swim trunks on, NOTHING ELSE!! (helmet/shoes, nothing!!), and do over 120 mph to cut off someone that had just thrown all their weekly (it appeared) garbage into my front yard,, and yes,, I passd him at over 100 mph too :bang:

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
:devil_angry: Sorry to hear about your trouble this weekend C-Note, good to here that your boy is OK, it seems that every activity has to have its share of a**holes who try to do their damnedest to wreck the sport for everyone else, I've run into this problem several times with the atv's, with any luck your message will get thru to some of these clowns, that's about the best we can hope, don't lose the faith dude, there are still some decent people left out there :thumbsup: Dog

·
Registered
408 Posts
I too have been on the recieving end of a couple yahoo's out on the trail. A guy i used to know before he moved out west one day was hammering, and I came around a corner and I hung way way to the right because I just had an eery feeling and sure enough he was coming in a wheelie skis completely off the ground and he smoked me. I mean smoked me. And when we both got up he started yelling asking why I started to go into the corner, and I was like what are you talking about, and he said, when you saw my head light coming up throught he woods you should of waited up there until I came all the way up through. I was dumb founded, I said dude, if you were even going and a half decent speed you and I would be be having this conversation and my tunnel wouldn't be comletely folded in and you wouldn't need a whole new REV. It is sad when I take my younger brother out and I can't just enjoy riding I actualy have to drive defensively just to keep mine and his life safe. Trails around my town have been closed drastically. Speed, and noise have really begun to ruin our sport. This post is one of the best I have seen. It does promote the message that speed and yahoos really just need to calm down. I like driving fast sometimes, but speed has its place, and speed has its limits. It's sad though that one incident like you had can ruin a whole weekend. Great post man.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I believe that posts like this have to happen on occassion, for two reasons. It shows us the need to be safe and police our own sport and it lets all of the great and responsible people show their concern/support. I like to believe that there are more "good" people out there than bad. Some people just don't get it and this joker is probably one of them. He thinks he is the cool one, he thinks your the ass for ragging on him, he thinks that riding like an idiot is a right. Well like anything in life it's a privelage and once that privelage is taken away that it's for all of us. Sometimes that privelage is taken away permanently...when somone gets hurt or dies. This person needs an education since he probably thinks...oh wait, doesn't THINK!!

Did you get a registration number.....call the cops. If that fails you have my permission to use other methods of educational training, and we all know what type of education this person obviously relates too.

I'm just stunned that he would do this with your kid there!!!!

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no reg numbers,, sticker wasn't to be seen that day, but i'll recognize that persons gear/sled combo if I ever happen to see him again,, just figured w/out my son along, time and acreage (square mileage) was easier covered,, let it be known, i'll be on the lookout, even this Saturday while seeing the race at the SOO this weekend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Man that is just plain stupid!! :devil_angry: There always some a$$ who thinks that kind of shat is funny!

I hope your child is okay! The thought of a bozo like that ruining a family day on sled makes me sick!! If I were you I'd keep my eyes peeled for Mr. Funny and show him a trick or two.

·
Super Moderator
8,469 Posts
I bet the guy is from the flint area.. One of my riding buddies had an 02 M cat 1000 that was set up correctly for the trails.. he sold the back in 03 though. But I have never seen a 02 mountain on the trails other than the one he had so its probbly his old sled.. Ill keep an eye out around town for you.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RowdyRoddy @ Jan 29 2007, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Man that is just plain stupid!! :devil_angry: There always some a$$ who thinks that kind of shat is funny!

I hope your child is okay! The thought of a bozo like that ruining a family day on sled makes me sick!! If I were you I'd keep my eyes peeled for Mr. Funny and show him a trick or two.[/b]
Thanks Rowdy,, it just burns the living :turd: outta' me to think this A$$hat is still out there somewhere looking to do crap like this to some un-suspecting soul bang your head bang your head

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GregB @ Jan 29 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I bet the guy is from the flint area.. One of my riding buddies had an 02 M cat 1000 that was set up correctly for the trails.. he sold the back in 03 though. But I have never seen a 02 mountain on the trails other than the one he had so its probbly his old sled.. Ill keep an eye out around town for you.[/b]
very well could be,,, as you said, not too many '02's out there,, as a matter of fact, now that I think of it,, I did work on one a couple winters ago (2005 season) while still at B&B,, Not worthy: Thank you for refreshing that thought!!

BTW,, You still gonna' be at the track Saturday?? I'll be in turn one's apex, approx 1/2 way down the hill,, hope to see you there :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts