Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys; Been away for awhile without net access; (damn railroad), glad to be back and able to come by periodically. Sure have missed this site.

1st off wish the best for everyone and theirs for 2007!

I have asked this question before but thought I would check again since 3 months have passed. Is there a source for pistons for a 2005 H1? I submarined mine and am having oil consumption issues. I think my best bet for resolution is to bore the cylinder out. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
not sure about a piston but have you thought about just honeing out the cylinder and trying new rings? maybe they make oversize rings for the stock piston also. good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try calling the guys at Aaen Performance. I know they carry stuff for the V2. They might have a line on it. They are at (262) 552-8981 or (262) 552-9410. Those are their Order Lines, but they probably have a Tech guy that can help. You might have to bore and sleeve back to the stock size if there is no one that makes an oversized piston for the H1 Engine. Sleeving is really not a bad way to go if done right. Key is to find a really good machine shop within reasonable driving distance. They should be able to do a custom sleeve. If you want a little more pop, have them mill the head ... usually good to deck it square when breaking things down anyway.

Good luck. And wishing you and yours the best for the New Year as well. Happy wheeling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts