Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 zr 600 and just had it rebuilt top and bottom end (professionally done) and afer 200 miles running it on dexcool (the orange stuff) properly mixed it keeps on overheating its not the thermostat I checked that. I will be putting on a black magic head soon and some say that will help with the cooling. But it shouldnt overheat with the stock head. there is no air lock or air in the line.

So I guess what I am trying to get at is what do you recommend for antifreeze? I need to know asap

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just use the most expensive Freeze can get my hands on lol... Usally the Green (For Cat) as I always saw it LMAO, Work really well..

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I use Prestone and 3ounces of Red Line Water Wetter. Can be purchased at a automotive speed shop. Never had any problems. 12 ounce bottle treats 12-16 quarts of 50/50 coolant.

* Doubles the wetting ability of water
* Improves heat transfer
* Reduces cylinder head temperatures
* May allow more spark advance for increased torque
* Reduces rust, corrosion and electrolysis of all metals
* Provides long term corrosion protection
* Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
* Prevents foaming
* Reduces cavitation corrosion
* Complexes with hard water to reduce scale

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
This summer i flushed and refilled the cooling system on both of my M7's using left over ford anti-freeze i had in the garage.
I have always just used automotive stuff like ford or prestone....just be sure it states that its aluminum compatible is all.
some of the heavy duty truck stuff might not be meant for aluminum i heard....but i have yet to see any common ones that are not compatible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts