Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an HR70B that's on a 292 Panther and I've got some sort of carb issue. I can get the sled to run by spraying fuel into the carb and the carb is definitely pumping fuel but the fuel doesn't seem to be making it INTO the engine. I've tried adjusting the jets at all sorts of various positions and still no luck. Also removed the jets entirely but no fuel leaked out, are they supposed to be like this?

Any ideas?

Part of me seems to think that the check ball behind the welch plugs are stuck, does this sound like a plausible scenario? Anyway this can be fixed without removal of those plugs?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sounds like a stuck needle. Try rapping on top of the carb the needle may be stuck tapping on it will loosen it up. Yes a full tear down includes removing the welsh plugs there are small passages in there that get clogged and it is the only way to clean the check ball properly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removed the adjustment needles and sprayed carb cleaner directly thru the holes, fuel spat out into the carb throat.

Also determined there's some sort of icky funk in the gas tank, put the fuel lines in a Jerry Can and it fired right up and ran purrrrrrfectly. Cat happy

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts