Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well another CAT dealer closing here in PA.
Just 12 miles from my home and he's been outstanding in sales, parts and service.
I could see this coming when last year he droped Doo and Yummi.
Now I got to find a good dealer close by.
Look for more to close with this seasons weather. bang your head :devil_angry:

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
I agree that it will get worse BEFORE it gets better....just like in the 80's....bad winters, low sales, etc...not good ...

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's amazing how much a bad winter affects businesses. Not just the snowmobile companies and dealers are hurting.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PACATMAN @ Jan 17 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well another CAT dealer closing here in PA.
Just 12 miles from my home and he's been outstanding in sales, parts and service.
I could see this coming when last year he droped Doo and Yummi.
Now I got to find a good dealer close by.
Look for more to close with this seasons weather. bang your head :devil_angry:[/b]

Are you talking about pocono motor sports? I had heard that they were talking about it. and for a good dealer good luck. I travel The two hours to Coudersport to Billy Howards he's the best I have found in this area of Pa. its just a shame that we are losing dealers but then on the other hand I can see it for some I had the steering recall with my 06 and called the Dealer here close and was told to take it where I bought it that if I couldn't buy it from them then they wouldn't do any warrnt. work so I trailered it back to Billy's and didn't have a problem.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dadszr you hit it right. :thumbsup:
PMS. Just got a card from Jon today. Everything is going, MC, ATV, Smowmobiles and compleat inventory. Closing by 2-14-07.
Don't know at this time where I'll get service or parts quickly.
I went thru this in the '80s.
I can see the dealers point having big inventory and having a big pay roll.
Must be rough for all the motels, restrants and parts shops not getting the business they count on.
Hopefully this is going to be just this winter and not the future.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well as bad as this winter has been for the snow industry hopefully it will turn around and we will have a very late spring. So far for our area the Farmer's Almanac has been spot on with the predictions.

Sad to see the good dealers closing, before we know it the big time dealers will be the only ones left.....
and how did they get big (rich)? By only being concerned about the all-mighty dollar. Crappy service after the sale and higher prices to boot. What are you going to do if they are the only dealer left within 2-3 hours of your area?

Z-Rider

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Z-Rider @ Jan 18 2007, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well as bad as this winter has been for the snow industry hopefully it will turn around and we will have a very late spring. So far for our area the Farmer's Almanac has been spot on with the predictions.

Sad to see the good dealers closing, before we know it the big time dealers will be the only ones left.....
and how did they get big (rich)? By only being concerned about the all-mighty dollar. Crappy service after the sale and higher prices to boot. What are you going to do if they are the only dealer left within 2-3 hours of your area?

Z-Rider[/b]

so far that 2-3 hour drive has been worth every penny the sale was great, the service is great, just awsome people to deal with but they understand if it wasn't for that the people wouldn't come back. just down to earth people. and to think I pass two cat dealers to get to them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts