Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our weekend in Conover was interesting to say the least. Bad one for team Yamaha. First of all let me show you the only furred out snowmobile in the world (see pics below) lol, my good buddie and I furred his 99 SX700 to cover up all the damage that has ocurred over the years, he is the comic releif in the group. We had a great time other then a few miss haps, first the furry one nailed a tree head on and pushed the exhaust in the hood back but a few kicks some zip-ties and we were back in business. The rest of the weekend went great untill sat. night on our way to the frontier bar it happend................I was behind the Viper when all I saw was headlight-taillight-headlight-taillight and a huge amount of snow dust. Shut the sled off and ran over to see my buddie up and moving screaming and yelling kicking his hellmet down the trail but in one piece, cant say the same for the viper though, parts scattered all over the trail and the sled in the marsh, He hit a bogg followed by a tree 3inches around then it nose dived into another bogg and cartwheeled through the swamp. He couldnt see any thing because of the snow dust and just caught the edge of the bogg and end of story. Everyone is ok, and thats what counts. Guess a new sled is coming soon. :boohoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
that suck sound like your weekend was like ours we all rode to the bar sat night when we went out side to leave some drunk bitch jumped on my friends sx and took off and hit a big rock and rolled it down a hill yup the sleds done so after we got that in the truck after we called the po po we took off for my house and my other friend cooked his motor in his mxz mag side head so hot it turned gold bad weekend

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackefi @ Feb 5 2007, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that suck sound like your weekend was like ours we all rode to the bar sat night when we went out side to leave some drunk bitch jumped on my friends sx and took off and hit a big rock and rolled it down a hill yup the sleds done so after we got that in the truck after we called the po po we took off for my house and my other friend cooked his motor in his mxz mag side head so hot it turned gold bad weekend[/b]
The SX chassis seems to be a crash magnet!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fircat_Freak @ Feb 5 2007, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
glad everyone is ok, but sounds to me that maybe one less bar and some slower speeds should have been in order???[/b]
Well I agree with the speed issues, however, I don't drink, and I was going somewhere inbetween 15 and 20mph when my accident happened. I think with me, it's a classic case of "I should have stayed home!"

These machines have been fast for many years now and they're dangerous, just like anything else. Hey, I just proved that going slow can still cause damage. Go figure.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fircat_Freak @ Feb 5 2007, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
glad everyone is ok, but sounds to me that maybe one less bar and some slower speeds should have been in order???[/b]
Well, I don't dissagree, but everyone was pretty sober, not 100% (couple beers here and there) but with the cold your forced to stop more often then normal, as far as the speed, we ride pretty agressive and the Viper guy is normally our leader but wanted someone else to lead for awhile, guess he found out what its like with snowdust from four sleds ahead of him, he can be hrad to keep up with sometimes. We all have the understanding that go with the pace your comfortable with and we wait for everyone to catch up at the stop sign, he said himself that its time to tone it down a notch or two witch I have NO problem with, sometimes unfortunally it takes something like this to make you relize that all it takes is a second and that happens. I told him # of times that its gona be heavy traffic and we need to pay attention to others coming at us, but live and learn. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah that sno dust on a really cold day is definately hard to see through. We all have the same rule. Go at your own pace and the people infront will stop in safe areas and wait for those behind to catch up. We also tend to alternate positions quite often and whenever I'm in the lead, I drop the speed right down only because there's been so many times when someone else has flown around the corner right at me and all I've thought everytime is I'm glad I was slow as they're skidding everywhere to slow down in time. Scary. It's different when you're behind someone because you focus on that sled all the time, but when ifront, those corners are very blind with two way traffic. Slow or fast, you can still get hurt, the only advantage to slow is you have a better chance of walking away from it with maybe a minor bruise. Doesn't help the repair bill mind you. :(

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Feb 5 2007, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Haha! I saw you guys fueling up at the BP in Land O! I even took a pic of the 'furred up' Yami! That was a CLASSIC! I thought it was MelroseMafia! slaphappy

[/b]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I told him "this will be on the net or someones camera in no time" I LMAO the whole time we were putin that furr on. Funniest sled I have ever seen, just a gut buster watchin this guy go down the trail one ski'in on every corner. :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Yeah, I saw this group of sleds this weekend.....Saturday I think it was. Friggen lmao at the sticks and stuff hangin off the sleds. Wasn't one of the other ones like a yammie w/ a plain black hood and red pans? I was even going to tell the guy he had some lumber still on the sled. Bummer you didn't recognize us and said "hi"

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Forgot to add, I was riding in the same area as these guys were, and the corners were as ICY as I've ever seen them. You could do 10mph around a corner and still push into the other lane. Not really much you could do about it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Feb 5 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Forgot to add, I was riding in the same area as these guys were, and the corners were as ICY as I've ever seen them. You could do 10mph around a corner and still push into the other lane. Not really much you could do about it.[/b]

Try buyin a green wheel and sharpening your carbides. It's best to do it before each ride (especially in low snow conditions), they're easier to sharpen before they get too round, and it's always nice to have that confidence when you're slammin those icey corners.

I've been doin it for years and can't express the satisfaction I get from 15 minutes of work before a ride. :super_happy:

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowpainter @ Feb 5 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Feb 5 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forgot to add, I was riding in the same area as these guys were, and the corners were as ICY as I've ever seen them. You could do 10mph around a corner and still push into the other lane. Not really much you could do about it.[/b]

Try buyin a green wheel and sharpening your carbides. It's best to do it before each ride (especially in low snow conditions), they're easier to sharpen before they get too round, and it's always nice to have that confidence when you're slammin those icey corners.

I've been doin it for years and can't express the satisfaction I get from 15 minutes of work before a ride. :super_happy:
[/b][/quote]
Do you do anything w/the host bar? I've looked at my carbides, and the damn thing is, they all wear towards the rear of the carbide, leaving the front almost like new. That normal? That is a great tip, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
203 Posts
i really didnt think it was that cold... you acutally had to put the winter coat on it.... wow lol

but that aside sorry bout your luck on the weekend, there was major white outs due to wind here to, when i was leading i just braced myself all the time for a drift and shot for in between the stakes... it was fun playing in the 4ft drifts tho

·
Registered
58 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Feb 5 2007, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowpainter @ Feb 5 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Feb 5 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Do you do anything w/the host bar? I've looked at my carbides, and the damn thing is, they all wear towards the rear of the carbide, leaving the front almost like new. That normal? That is a great tip, I appreciate it!
[/b][/quote]

I think the wear depends on the curve of your ski and the bar. My older models would wear towards the back too, but my 05 with stock skis wear in the middle. I'm runnin 10" woodys, and they bend like a banana when I tighten em up.

I run it evenly the entire length, down both sides, no matter where it's worn. The goal is to make it as straight and consistent as possible; like a knife or razor blade.

And oh yea, no problem. Spread the word. I wish everyone would do it; I'd feel safer (unless you don't like the competition scret LOL ). :trail:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Feb 5 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, I saw this group of sleds this weekend.....Saturday I think it was. Friggen lmao at the sticks and stuff hangin off the sleds. Wasn't one of the other ones like a yammie w/ a plain black hood and red pans? I was even going to tell the guy he had some lumber still on the sled. Bummer you didn't recognize us and said "hi"[/b]
Yup, thats us. Murdered out sx with red seat and black hood, and the brush hog FURRY UNIT. LOLOL. Yeah it would have been great to meet some Arcticchat members, great to put a face to a avitar. Maybe next time. Ice in the corners was horrible, but friday morning we rode from our cabin by Baur's damn and the trails were the best I have rode all year, they were froze solid even the corners. :beer_cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.