Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 stays in the same chassis....
Was hoping for the move to the 12/13 procross race chassis, just as I was last season. But I guess we should say that at least Cat didn't kill off the sled completely.....

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
Was hoping for the move to the 12/13 procross race chassis, just as I was last season. But I guess we should say that at least Cat didn't kill off the sled completely.....
I was surprised they didnt move it to the new racer. BTW I put some miles on a 800rr and I have to say, I like that sled.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised they didnt move it to the new racer. BTW I put some miles on a 800rr and I have to say, I like that sled.
I'm liking mine... well my 12 with adjustable skid shocks and E-x's out front. Just was hoping to see the 500 move AND the 600 with a RR package .....
Disappointed myself...as you've read elsewhere already

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I would like, the sp500 chassis, with the new 600 ctec engine, and a 2007 F-series skid in it. I will pay 8500 dollars for it. Thanks, where can i place my order?

Yeahk wishful thinking!

·
Registered
56 Posts
if only they would put the 12-13/800 in the 500 chassis i had 2 500sp's and went with a 12retro 800 and 13 800rr nice rides but no match for the 500 chassis in the rough stuff just like we found out 4+ years ago CHANGE is not always good

·
Registered
693 Posts
I am very happy to see they haven't changed a thing. Our Sno Pro 500 has racked up 700 miles in the past 3 weeks. We are thinking about adding another to the fleet. I love this sled- no electric start, no reverse, no Fox floats. Just the ability to ride all day long hitting the biggest stuff out there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yep same here love it. Wish they would have put the better shocks on it and that would be a great package

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sticker on the 2014 Sno Pro 500 is $9Gs. That is pretty redonkulous for a sled that basically hasn't changed since the 2010 model year. But... with so many sleds deep into the 5-figure territory, a left over at $7500 is a bargain. And it's not like any of the high-dollar crap is anymore reliable or trouble-free then the sleds we rode 15 years ago. Now I'm getting depressed...

·
Registered
56 Posts
i went to the "show"out here in ny last night cornerd a a/c rep was pretty good talk,

no kids mid size for less then 6G to much for tooling to just shrink it down by 25%

check temp sensor its self on my over heating 12 800 retro also look for rubbing wire if one grounds out will throw temp sensor

13 rr 800 belt issue 450 and GONE...HEAT ISSUE...they changed the guard and opend a hole in front of primary

now best part...for us... we are NOT ALONE ... in the hp issue with the 500 he said he has TOLD THEM ...for years unfortunately if they wont listen to there own men and the consumers on this site ,dont feel we are gonna get any place but will be realy hard to replace my 800 rotro with ANYTHING else then a 500 sp learnd the hard way ...cant have my hp and my relyability/fun too

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cat probably wants to keep price of sled down. God knows the price of these toys is getting crazy! Was seriously looking at getting a new 500 if it came in procross chassis. i think I'm going to look for used or non current instead.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yama,i have 2, 800 p/c and TO ME compared to the 500sp THEY SUCK i think all of us wish the 500 was available in a 6,7 or 8but dont look like it will happen. i am going to go back to a 500 sno pro and if i can drop a f-7 in it like folks say then i will ,if not ,i will key it and be happy as hell w/80mph on top

1 - 14 of 14 Posts