Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guess my dealer might be going under and he said there were several (12) other's in ny doing the same. he's trying to make a deal with cat and waiting on there answer but he figures it will be a no go. sucks, he's small time and ac is trying (forcing) him to take more inventory than he can sell, still has several 05 sleds and atv's sitting there.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah it does suck, been there done that.. My dealer closed 3mnths after I bought my quad.. Never once had it serviced by them, better yet I still never got it serviced at all.... Alot of dealers closed in my area other then Cat, quads are an expensive toy to buy and maintain, less and less people are paying the money they want for them. Its great when brands are putting more bells and whistles on their bikes but that just means we gotta fork over more $$$$..... Its a shame.............

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep it's official, there coming to pick up all new sleds/atv's, just got off the phone with him. He doesn't know yet what cat is going to do about the older stuff he has been paying on (05/06's). like i say i feel bad, decient older guy with good prices. now going to have to find a new dealer when the time comes to get a new machine.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It seems to be a trend, here in north georgia same thing happened just 2 months ago. Cat dealer for 3 years was told to take on more inventory than his floor plan with bank would ok, Cat pulled his dealership. Maybe cat is trying to go main stream and get away from these mom and pop small retail outlets.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The atv market is hurting for all manufacturers nutkick . The market seems to have hit its peak so to say, MAINLY BECAUSE OF THOSE CHEAP OFF BRAND JUNK YOU CAN FIND EVERYWHERE chairshot . Im not sure but usually the dealer has to take some smaller machines in order to get the big ones he can sell. Like a couple 250,s or something to get a 700, or a prowler I dunno . I must be lucky, I have 3 arctic cat dealers, all within a 1 hour drive, one is 12 miles away :super_happy:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GunRunner @ Apr 5 2007, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It seems to be a trend, here in north georgia same thing happened just 2 months ago. Cat dealer for 3 years was told to take on more inventory than his floor plan with bank would ok, Cat pulled his dealership. Maybe cat is trying to go main stream and get away from these mom and pop small retail outlets.[/b]
I think you nailed it. They cant compete if there not in the major dealers sitting side by side with other manufacturers.

·
Registered
750 Posts
All the dealers around here carry two brands of machines.My dealer carries Cat and Suzuki.As for Cat sales at his shop Cat doesn't come close to the amount of Suzukis he sells.Also every time I drive by his shop or go visit it seems that there are ten Cats there for repair and MAYBE one Suzuki.The Cat might be known for being a Tank but as for servicing it seems to reguire a little more then average.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There have been 7 dealerships that have closed up since last April here in Nova Scotia. All thanks to all the Laws & Regulations on ATV's that have been forced down our throats since April 2006.
Due to this, people aren't buying and lots aren't even riding anymore :(

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have herd that atv sales are down all across the board. (2yrs) One suspected reason is the take off of the utv market. As far as cats reasons for closeing down small shops I can't say.They may be trying to get a more reputable reputation by having larger dealers that they can keep an eye on.Before just almost anyone could become a dealer and I am sure that alot of complaints have been filed for poor servise(non trained personel) Also I belive it will make it easier for them to keep track of warenty repairs.Don't know for sure but that's my guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts