Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have seen 108-112 on my F7, this weekend snow covered lake could not pass a 98 SX700 95mph tops, I have the 044 belt with about 2000 miles on it, time to change? also my belt sit flush with the secondary. I currently have five shims in, three thick, two medium, and one thin one. Should I put on a new belt or change shiming, or both. When I take out the adjuster and spin the track by hand deflection is flush with the low groove of the belt.

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Three medium shims and a small one on the inside.And has anyone seen this happen, looks like that bushing should be flush with the DD.????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hmmmm...part of your prob could be clutch alignment. MOST sleds only need 2 medium shims behind the clutch. You have any burned rubber on the moveable sheave of the primary??

That said a 2000 mile belt is not the one you should be lake racing with.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What was your rpm? and why isn't your DD rubber in where it should be?. Add shim or shims til your belt squeals then take a thin one out.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smokin @ Feb 5 2007, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What was your rpm? and why isn't your DD rubber in where it should be?. Add shim or shims til your belt squeals then take a thin one out.[/b]
I'm guessing your talking about adding a shim to the inside of the secondary not the deflection. I have the clutch alignment tool that I borowed from my Cat mech. I'm going to check it in a little bit. I don't know my RPM because it will not read out max RPM it always reads 4950, plus with my 8inch riser makes it hard to see the tach, and at a 95 on a lake with -35 degree temps I didn't want to take my eyes of the orange barrels.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The shims behind the secondary isn't a concern, you already had good speeds and didn't blow a belt so your offset is ok, don't worry about them. The shims I was talking about are on the end cap(first picture) add one more and take the small one back out if the belt squeals. Now the white plastic spring cap is it backed out and touching the end of the Sec., where your plastic piece screws into. My guess it is and causing loss of top end, just turn it back in 1/2 " and keep an eye on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts