Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has been waiting a couple of years to buy an ATV. He called me this morning, said he's decided on a Cat and he wants me to take him to meet my dealer this weekend. It will be his first bike too and he decided he'd like the same bike as me. I asked him what he wanted on it, and what colour. I said I'll call the dealer today and see whats shaking, my bro is going to crap when he calls me later today and I tell him we can pick it up on Saturday. I wish I could have just surprised him Saturday, but he'll have to get a certified cheque cut in advance.

Anyways will be great to have another cat in the family and will be exciting to see that perma-grin on his face this weekend! :super_happy: :thumbsup:

He will be getting a red 07 500, with deluxe bumpers, hand/thumb warmers and 60" plow. I'll have to get him on this site next!

·
Registered
257 Posts
T welcome call Tell him congratulations and welcome to the cat family!!!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Barn,dont scare him away on your 1st ride together,go ez on him for a minute or two.Then watch his eyes get big when he relizes the things that machine can do_One good machine have fun guys.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys here she is, my bros new 07. Looks like not too much has changed, I am happy to see Cat got away from the Carlisle tires, his bike has Dunlops (they have to be better).

The only other opinion I have so far is I'm not really sold on the side sheilds yet, look nice, will be nice to keep the heat away in the summer. But even on the short ride we went on yesterday my bro was complaining of his knees getting cold, and I'm not really sure I am sold on all the fender linings being removed on these new bikes, front of the motor etc is wide open to mud, sticks etc etc. Only time will tell and we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

BTW I told my dealer a lot of people were retrofitting these panels and his advice was to pull the plastics out of the front, he said you need the air flow, but thats just one persons opinion.

Well have a great weekend, I'm sure we'll be busy riding now. I'm going to show Nate this site today when he comes out so I'm sure they'll be another member on the Arctic Chat family quite soon!
Cheers,
Aaron

Nates bike:
[attachment=61285:100_4145.JPG]
[attachment=61286:100_4147.JPG]
New tires and openess of front end:
[attachment=61287:100_4146.JPG]
My bike (old faithful):
[attachment=61288:100_4149.JPG]
Garage full of Kitties (father-in-laws 400):
[attachment=61289:100_4148.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to the family!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Nice looking set of bikes. congrats.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
cat power! good deal mang.. i'm sure the permagrin will set in soon!

and your right those tires Do look better. my bud just got a red h1 with the same tires and the are way better than the carlile stockkies.. at least they have SOME tread!!

happy catting,

marcus

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Good to hear Aaron. Nice to have someone close to ride with. Both are nice bikes. I have the sidepanels on mine and didn't take out the inner fender plastic. I notice on water/mud crossing that alot of steam that used to come out the sides of the engine now comes out under the pod.
Congrats to your brother.

WC

·
Registered
45 Posts
Aww looks just like my h1. Those dunlops are great, Ill swear by them for stockers. I had been planning on needing to buy some new tires right after purchase of the new bike but instead I bought a new trailer. The opening at the front has not been too large I love mine and am still being amazed by it. I was concearned about the plastics too but I like them now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts