Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=61064:DSC00192.JPG][attachment=61065:DSC00193.JPG][attachment=61066:
DSC00194.JPG][attachment=61067:DSC00190.JPG]I know you guys all love pics, so here's some more.
F8 Sno Pro, green simmons skis, 153 mega bite studs, 1.25" track, chrome winshield, black skid plate (I drilled some holes in it to spice things up...couple are filled with snow), spar decals from Arctic FX, chrome hood decal from arctic cat (that lasted all of 1 ride before it ripped)

Snow has been scarce here in Iowa, but at last got to go for a good ride (65 miles). All ditch riding-some full of powder, some rutted out pretty good, and some really bare (rough hard frozen ground). Good all around test. Loved the seating position and the ride. A friend on a polaris switchback commented how smooth it looked to ride from his viewpoint (I told him it was the rider)! Very flat over the lane approaches. Pushed a little bit but snow very powdery with no base. I'll mess with the air pressure and limiter once I get some more riding time. Deflected the snow away from the rider's head much better than my F7. Got used to the whine from the DD-sounds like a turbo ( good for the ego). Might need a small riser-bars just a little low when standing. Didn't think I would notice this but I did--not as flickable as my F7 with narrow track-only 1.5"wider but I could tell. But overall, what a leap forward from the old F's

I like pics too, so keep posting 'em

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brsehawk @ Jan 18 2007, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[attachment=61064:DSC00192.JPG][attachment=61065:DSC00193.JPG][attachment=61066:
DSC00194.JPG][attachment=61067:DSC00190.JPG]I know you guys all love pics, so here's some more.
F8 Sno Pro, green simmons skis, 153 mega bite studs, 1.25" track, chrome winshield, black skid plate (I drilled some holes in it to spice things up...couple are filled with snow), spar decals from Arctic FX, chrome hood decal from arctic cat (that lasted all of 1 ride before it ripped)

Snow has been scarce here in Iowa, but at last got to go for a good ride (65 miles). All ditch riding-some full of powder, some rutted out pretty good, and some really bare (rough hard frozen ground). Good all around test. Loved the seating position and the ride. A friend on a polaris switchback commented how smooth it looked to ride from his viewpoint (I told him it was the rider)! Very flat over the lane approaches. Pushed a little bit but snow very powdery with no base. I'll mess with the air pressure and limiter once I get some more riding time. Deflected the snow away from the rider's head much better than my F7. Got used to the whine from the DD-sounds like a turbo ( good for the ego). Might need a small riser-bars just a little low when standing. Didn't think I would notice this but I did--not as flickable as my F7 with narrow track-only 1.5"wider but I could tell. But overall, what a leap forward from the old F's

I like pics too, so keep posting 'em[/b]
Very nice sled. Good to hear you like it. Can't wait for my first ride! Just a few more days.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Nice report...can't wait to get back on saddle again this weekend myself. Love this machine!

Cat happy Cat happy Cat happy Cat happy

·
Registered
236 Posts
brsehawk: Nice review. Your new sled looks pretty hot. I was interested in your comment about the Diamond Drive whining. I heard this on my new F5 and suspected the DD but didn't know for sure. Thought it might be related to this track clearance thing. So the DD definitely has a whine to it?

Redd

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I finally got some miles on my F8 and yes there is a whine that isn't on my ZL, I assume it is the DD It is not really loud, but you can notice it.

The F8 is amazing sled, the conditions here are still not great but I did 72miles today and I am really glad I bought this sled, only problem I have is the exhaust side plastic is melting and discouloured.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pretty sure it's the DD. Track clearance seems OK. Heard that the DD whine goes away with time. Haven't noticed any plastic melting...YET!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts