Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently noticed a "klinking" noise when in reverse. It's coming from the front, and seems likely to be one of the driveshafts. The noise is not heard when moving forward. Any suggestions..?

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Jack it up and wiggle the cv joints.

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
1,109 Posts
I've recently noticed a "klinking" noise when in reverse. It's coming from the front, and seems likely to be one of the driveshafts. The noise is not heard when moving forward. Any suggestions..?
It’s the front brake pads. Mine do it as well. I just haven’t put a spring on yet but that should solve it.
It’s a 1/12-2” spring or so just hooked on the pads to keep them from rattling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just hijacking this thread abit, is the repairkit (63dollar) for Axels from countrycat only the boot or the bearings inside too?

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Just the boots. Sometimes it easier just buy a new axle. Lots of aftermarket axles on eBay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ahh okei, i have a clicking/knocking sound on my left rear so i guess i need more then just the boot :/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive tried to lacate it to find out who/were it come from, but i can only provoke the clicking sound when driving on uneven terrain, on road its silence, so i was starting to think if it could be anything else, but i feel it "follows" the rpm of the tires so i am completly blank here. When i bought it i got one Axel with who had to be replaced (right rear), but when i jack up atv i can move all 3 Axels in and out but not the new one i replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've recently noticed a "klinking" noise when in reverse. It's coming from the front, and seems likely to be one of the driveshafts. The noise is not heard when moving forward. Any suggestions..? 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
Try laying your foot on the brake when backing up and see if it still makes the clicking noise,mine did it in reverse also,it was my brake pads clicking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts