Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
42,455 Posts
You don’t need it. Torque the bolts to spec and in a cross cross pattern , evenly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Side question, when I watch others take the CVT cover off, it seems to come right off for them.

Is mine special that I have to pry the thing off slowly and evenly? 30 min is typically a quick time lol. There are only a couple pry spots and because I don't want to ruin the gasket or the aluminum contact points for it, I won't pry anywhere except the designated spots. If I recall there's only 3 spots to pry.

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
42,455 Posts
I use a rubber mallet and tap it off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Side question, when I watch others take the CVT cover off, it seems to come right off for them.

Is mine special that I have to pry the thing off slowly and evenly? 30 min is typically a quick time lol. There are only a couple pry spots and because I don't want to ruin the gasket or the aluminum contact points for it, I won't pry anywhere except the designated spots. If I recall there's only 3 spots to pry.

I used a rubber mallet, and tapped it off gently. There are two alignment pins that cause the case to come off with a small amount of friction, just tap the case out evenly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'll have to look at greasing them, since day one it's been brutal to get off. I've tried a mallet, I've even watched Arctic Frost video lol.
I guess I just got lucky lol. I can say for sure that if all my bolts magically broke, I wouldn't worry about the cover falling off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts