Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i wanna start off by saying, dammit imma idiot. alright, now that we got that outta the way. somthing is wrong with my setup. getting the sled to a dealership is outta the question, wiffee says no more money into my toys. so im on my own. with your help. alright. so when i jump on the throttle. it feels like somthing is rubbing right underneath my feet. like the rail and the driver. it feels squirley. the rear end feels slippery i mean. but when i hammer it. somthing deffinetly rubs. spring setting is on the tightes, and i dont have the tool to adjust the rear front shock. i messed with the limiter straps. i loosened and tithtened the track. the rear limiter strap is loose. and there is no adjustment. im losst. and about to throw a 121 back under there. but in dont want to if i dont have to. here are some pics. any input with be MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! bang your head

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and if there is any pic that you need i can snap at your recommended angle. please help.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
First of all I can see that your track is not notched for your cooling rails on your tunnel. Its most likely hitting up front on the top side! I also had the same problem when I put the 2'' Mtn Cat track on my SnoPro. I went all cheap and just cut 3/4 in. off the lugs in line with the cooling rails. Even with the 1.5 in. paddle I had on there before needed to be notched 1/4 in.

·
Registered
710 Posts
i'm thinking your rear shock mount might have flipped upside down and you are feeling the track drive lugs rubbing on it. take a picture of the bottom mount of the rear shock and post it up

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Is your sled "only" doing this when on the throttle?

Are the drivers hitting the front of the rails....they look pretty close.

If your track's rubbing, you should be able to tell by looking closely at the paddles under the coolers and seeing more wear on them than the ones in the middle, but I would say it's something else.

If not.....what condition are your drive shaft bearings in? Do you have everything tightened up in the chaincase? I would say your problem lies in these areas. I had a ZRT once with similar symptoms as you're mentioning, and an untrue shaft resulted in damaged bearings, resulting in the chain skipping around the gears when on the throttle. You could have the similar problem, just with damaged bearings.

On another note, what sled are those rails from? They are too short (height-wise) and you're missing the brace in front of the rear arm.

Let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
If you wanted to know if it's the track rubbing(which i'm pretty sure it is), paint two rows of paddles on your track and run it. You don't even need to use paint, grease would work too! Smear some on there and you will see where it's rubbing. Mine really made alot of noise and vibrated when you got it up to speed, not so much at lower speeds, but you could still hear constant noise. Let us know!

P.S. Look into the other posted suggestions also!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright sorry, was outta town all weekend. thought about some things though while i was out. i had the track tight, and the limiters up front hiked up so the front skid was somwhat angled upwards, and it didnt seem to rub as much as when i started to mess with it. i loosened the track up to spec. and dropped the limiters up front so it sits flush but still tight as far as tension. it rubbed bad, and i havent messed with it sense. whats the deal with tightening the chaincase bolt. i heard that it was fingure tight on the bolt and then tighten the nut down pretty good. ill look into that bearing thing this week as well.
as for the skid. its pre 2000 powder special. not sure. got it off a classifieds up here in ak. figured they all worked. but i guess im wrong. what skid should i look for?? ill get pics of the skid shocks in a little bit. thought i would get this reply out there though. thanks for the responses guys.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright i figured it out thank god. it was bad. my chaincase tensions screw was loose, so loose it almost fell off. and lucky i caught it now. looked at my gears, good thing there pretty good grade steel. everything is all good. after i tightened everything down, it was back to the monster she was. i remember looking at my gears. cuz i wanted to gear it down, i need to know what was in there, and i dont remember tightening it back up. the track is not rubbing at all. nothing is wrong, the grinding was comeing from the gears. THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no u guys werent wrong i was just looking in the wrong places. maybe i didnt describe it good enough. dont know who it was that told me to check the shaft bearing. but i took one look there and saw that the bolt was going to come off. thanks for all the input. i now know what to look for in certain symptoms come up.
thanks for the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts