Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the possession, of a rare bird here, an Alley Cat. They were built I believe, in 1973, using left over parts. This sled, has been in my son-in-laws family since new, but a tree or post has left it's mark, and has been stored for many years, until I was asked to do something with it.
After partial disassembly, other than the bent bumper, busted up hood, there was a sideswipe on one side too, missing gas tank, and seat, it was remarkably clean.
The seat, gas tank, and hood problems have been addressed, and after a minor cleanup, and the motor unstuck, I'm putting it back together. It has a Kohler K181 8 HP 4 stroke motor.
When disassembling, I noticed the wires from the sleds wire harness, were not in a plug in, that would plug into the engine's wiring plug. There are only 2 wires from the motor. 1 from the coil, which I believe is for lighting, and the other wire, from the electronic ignition, I installed, to delete the points and condenser.
Here's my problem. I'm not sure how to wire in the 2 wires from the harness, to the plug in, on the rewind. If anyone has a wiring diagram, for a Kohler 4 stroke motor, wired to the rest of the snowmobile, I'd greatly appreciate it. If needed, I can send specific pictures of wiring. I've seen some older cats with the Kohler motors, but had not been able to determine how it was wired, as the owners deleted the plug in on the rewind.
Any and all help, would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the diagrams. I copied the one I think pertains to my application. What I'd really like, is for someone with an early Arctic Cat, that came with the Kohler engine, and get some info and pics of their sleds wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts