Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had anyone combined thier headlights to be all on with high beam instead of switching back and forth (basically just hook up the low beam lights to always on and take them off the switch). Does the sled put out enough juice? I'm also running a 12V dc converter (polaris) for GPS and a heated shield on the AC.

I'm not real happy with the highbeam's lighting in close though the lowbeam works great in close
Thanks

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any other thoughts on how to do this besides just splicing in the lowbeams to always on?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not being familiar with the wiring and the current capacity of the circuit, I'd be more inclined to wire up a relay and power the relay with a dedicated fused line direct from the power source. This will prevent adding any additional current strain to the existing circuit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had done this with my 2001 ZR800 and it worked great. I recently sold that sled and bought a 2004 F7. I tried to wire the low beams to the hot wire in the harness, but the lights then would only stay in the low beams, when I would switch to high beam, the blue high beam indicator on the dash would flicker for a second, but would stay on the low beams. Somebody must know a different way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Theres more than enought power. go to your local jober get to plugs for the lights and one 2 way conector. There is a plug just under the speedo, plug in the low beams and tie up the original wires.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Someone was in the process of customizing their sled to do this... complete with relays and I can't find the post. It also incorporates the HID lights. The member was creating a kit.

Some help please? May save some time... and may find answers for this post as well.

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
261 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xfiremedic @ Mar 4 2007, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stoney @ Mar 1 2007, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 2007 XF's have all four lights on when the high beams are on.....so there should be enough power![/b]
Mine arn't. my2cents
[/b][/quote]
Nore are mine.

there may be enough but there will not be any extra for accessories.

The output of the coil is 270 watts. Start adding up the totals of each bulb, including the tail light, and you will find that it is pretty close.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ttt to revisit.

Anyone done it RELIABLY? I don't want to be a guinea pig

·
Registered
3,614 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (splat10 @ Oct 15 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ttt to revisit.

Anyone done it RELIABLY? I don't want to be a guinea pig[/b]

I always thought it was normal for 07 XF's to have all 4 lights on with the high beams engaged.......I am now realizing that there must have been something wrong with my sled seeing as it appears no one else's XF did the same as mine.

I had my 07 XF for 2 years with 3000 miles on it and seemed to work fine with all lights lit up with the high beams on.......however on the last ride in March of 08 the one cylinder blew on my XF and I now have an 09 on its way.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
some new info. someone posted these wiring diagrams somewhere and i saved them. They are for the 570 but will give a basic idea to how the wiring is setup. The switch is just an a/b type. Maybe stoney's switch has a defect that caused the A to not turn off when switch to B? bad solder job or bridging or something.

[attachment=147776:HoodHarness.jpg]

[attachment=147778:MainHarness.jpg]

[attachment=147777:IgnHarness.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ummmm that post is almost 2 years old lol, but if anyone is thinking about having all four lights on there is a kit that comes from highbeamkits.com that comes from a 88 to 98 chevy that you can use, I spoke to the owner last year and he told me he sells allot of these kits to snowmobilers, I think I payed about 20 or 30 bucks for it, I just pulled it out right now to see what the web sight was and will install it tomarrow and let every one know how it goes.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes but it's my post. A single blade quick splice is all thats needed to keep the lowbeams on all the time. on the main or hood harness tap the white wire (lowbeam) into the yellow (power) and your done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts