Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 650 H1
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 stock radiator started to seep coolant from the bottom plastic tank where it joins the core. Coolant would drip onto the floor during cooling down and leave just a little sign of leakage but stop completely. The core is nicely clamped to the plastic tank and most likely has a rubber seal between the tank and core. The stock radiator was removed from the ATV and pressure tested to 15 lbs. where besides the seeping at the bottom, a tiny pin hole close to the top of the core where a fin connects to the tube was also discovered. I decided after shopping for a new radiator to go with the completely aluminum radiator that was only $25.00 more than a stock rad. After seeing the all-welded construction between the tank and core it seemed like a no-brainer. Not only is the chance of rad leak greatly decreased, the high-end temperature of the engine has decreased as well. The engine now runs from 61-78 degrees Celsius and with the stock rad the engine temps were 61-93 Celsius. My coolant has been changed in the ATV every 5 years since new and comes out clear when drained. The new rad is really working well as I just went for ride and outside temp was 30 Celsius. Top high temperature was 78 Celsius. If you need a new rad, I know which one i would buy again.

Attachments

·
Administrator
42,073 Posts
Very nice. How much was it?

·
Registered
2008 650 H1
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought the rad here as it was in stock with free shipping.....

I paid $159, but I notice now a week later the price is $169. Still a great deal because one look at this rad and you know it's not going to leak. I thought the stock thermostat in the ATV would be 80-90 Celsius but it is 65 Celsius. Must be a lot better flow and conductivity of heat to the fan sensor. Runs cool enough now that the fan won't run as much, especially in the fall when it is cooler outside. Very tempted to buy another one for my other exact same ATV which runs from 61-93 Celsius. I am going to take the radiator screen off that bike and try clearing it out from the back with a garden hose as it has not been done for awhile. See if that changes the high temp at all.

·
Registered
2008 650 H1
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know the temperature the arctic cat 0808-127 engine cylinder head coolant sensor gets triggered at ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts