Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (///AIRDAM @ Nov 12 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah you are correct. power to weight ratio is key. a stock bike with no power adders wont benefit from the stage 5 mods nearly as much as would a modded bike. a more powerful bike cn use its power to pull the extra gearing created and go faster top speed.

regardless of the bike, low range wheel speed is there. any and all bikes can benefit from it. the top speed runs is where the more powerful bikes will shine[/b]

So my stock 09 T-Cat won't realy benefit from the stage 5 mods...Or will it go faster

than stock but not that much more. I dunno

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
no no i was meaning that about the lower cc bikes. the T-cats have the power to go faster. they benefit very well from the stage 5 clutch mods. however the smaller cc bikes need some performance adders to gain the top speeds. a T-cat with a pipe and snorkels was the only one that has given me the results of his runs, and he claims 95+. so yes a stck T-cat has the power to go faster.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canam k @ Nov 12 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (///AIRDAM @ Nov 12 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah you are correct. power to weight ratio is key. a stock bike with no power adders wont benefit from the stage 5 mods nearly as much as would a modded bike. a more powerful bike cn use its power to pull the extra gearing created and go faster top speed.

regardless of the bike, low range wheel speed is there. any and all bikes can benefit from it. the top speed runs is where the more powerful bikes will shine[/b]

So my stock 09 T-Cat won't realy benefit from the stage 5 mods...Or will it go faster

[/b][/quote]

You really will be king of the ice if you have this done. You would probably beat the other atv guys that bad they would need to buy a snowmobile to compete with you. Might be a good idea to have this done for your racing purposes.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (///AIRDAM @ Nov 12 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
no no i was meaning that about the lower cc bikes. the T-cats have the power to go faster. they benefit very well from the stage 5 clutch mods. however the smaller cc bikes need some performance adders to gain the top speeds. a T-cat with a pipe and snorkels was the only one that has given me the results of his runs, and he claims 95+. so yes a stck T-cat has the power to go faster.[/b]

Gottca AD...Now I got to find something to get rid of the speed limiters and I'll be

just fine to go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (///AIRDAM @ Nov 12 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that is honestly unknown. i have done a stage 5 setup on a 650H1 but the owner reported no gains. i believe his tires may have been too large for the engine to pull any faster than he did before. i did the work, but he just never gave me any conclusive results. i told him to run it low and high to top speed like i did my bike to see the difference in speeds but never got any word back on it. i have done another setup and sent it to a race team, and they were going to use it on their 650H1 but i still have not heard back from them on their results with their top speed either.[/b]
That would be me 2008 650 H1. My tires are stock size tires, but they are 6 ply which makes them weigh some more.. I have Dynatek CDI, HMF swamp series xl exhaust, dyno jetted carb, slide drilled, spring clipped.. And stages 1-5 clutch work, and the top speed in high while riding the bike under normal driving conditions is the exact same as it was before I had the clutch work done using the same tires.. I have not been riding again to test the low speed portion of the 1-5 mods.. But I feel like to see any gains from a mod it should be while riding under normal conditions to see if you get any improvement or not, not while raised off the ground. So with that being said, I will say that I notice a great improvement in the low gearing while in HIGH GEAR of the 1-5 clutch work over the stock clutches, much better pull with better control of low speeds, a snappier take off, and the facing he puts on the clutches is awesome !!! Those things grip with a clutch housing full of mud and water.. which these things you will get without going all the way to stage 5... I wish I would have known there would be no increase in the top speeds (HIGH GEAR The one I really wanted) and the low I have not tested with stages 1-5 on my bike. Because I would have went with stages 1-3 saved a good deal of money and still had the exact results I have now... So my advice for the 650 H1 guys is get stage 1 or stage 1-3 and you will still be very happy with the results..

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (renderme45 @ Nov 13 2009, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (///AIRDAM @ Nov 12 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is honestly unknown. i have done a stage 5 setup on a 650H1 but the owner reported no gains. i believe his tires may have been too large for the engine to pull any faster than he did before. i did the work, but he just never gave me any conclusive results. i told him to run it low and high to top speed like i did my bike to see the difference in speeds but never got any word back on it. i have done another setup and sent it to a race team, and they were going to use it on their 650H1 but i still have not heard back from them on their results with their top speed either.[/b]
That would be me 2008 650 H1. My tires are stock size tires, but they are 6 ply which makes them weigh some more.. I have Dynatek CDI, HMF swamp series xl exhaust, dyno jetted carb, slide drilled, spring clipped.. And stages 1-5 clutch work, and the top speed in high while riding the bike under normal driving conditions is the exact same as it was before I had the clutch work done using the same tires.. I have not been riding again to test the low speed portion of the 1-5 mods.. But I feel like to see any gains from a mod it should be while riding under normal conditions to see if you get any improvement or not, not while raised off the ground. So with that being said, I will say that I notice a great improvement in the low gearing while in HIGH GEAR of the 1-5 clutch work over the stock clutches, much better pull with better control of low speeds, a snappier take off, and the facing he puts on the clutches is awesome !!! Those things grip with a clutch housing full of mud and water.. which these things you will get without going all the way to stage 5... I wish I would have known there would be no increase in the top speeds (HIGH GEAR The one I really wanted) and the low I have not tested with stages 1-5 on my bike. Because I would have went with stages 1-3 saved a good deal of money and still had the exact results I have now... So my advice for the 650 H1 guys is get stage 1 or stage 1-3 and you will still be very happy with the results..
[/b][/quote]

whitch position do you have the secondary spring in? if its in the number 4 hole I would put it back to stock and try that to get better top speed.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JD700EFI @ Nov 12 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canam k @ Nov 12 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (///AIRDAM @ Nov 12 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

You really will be king of the ice if you have this done. You would probably beat the other atv guys that bad they would need to buy a snowmobile to compete with you. Might be a good idea to have this done for your racing purposes.
[/b][/quote]

Ya JD I'll have to keep it to myself at first...What a darn surprise they would get. slaphappy

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Question for renderme45, in low gear can you pull the front wheels of the ground with little to no body motion? I am more concerned about the low end then the high end, although it would be nice.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
his bike has plenty of power to pull the extra MPH in low range, but i think his engine just does not have the HP to pull the bike any faster in high range. he should be able to walk wheelies on command, and run 35+ mph in low range.

·
Registered
70 Posts
canam getting the tcats pod reprogrammed if you can dos help . my tcat stock with just a pipe did 84 mph on my friends raddar from his patrol car. (hush) so the next weekend went to the track 1/4 mile and did 82 so some of these bikes will fly, now going to see what its going to do with what i have now and when i get the other stages

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (notso42 @ Nov 13 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
canam getting the tcats pod reprogrammed if you can dos help . my tcat stock with just a pipe did 84 mph on my friends raddar from his patrol car. (hush) so the next weekend went to the track 1/4 mile and did 82 so some of these bikes will fly, now going to see what its going to do with what i have now and when i get the other stages[/b]

Hey 42...What pipe do you have ? And what stage did you get done so far and

did you have it done at AIRDAM ?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (///AIRDAM @ Nov 13 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
his bike has plenty of power to pull the extra MPH in low range, but i think his engine just does not have the HP to pull the bike any faster in high range. he should be able to walk wheelies on command, and run 35+ mph in low range.[/b]

To get that extra speed in low gear would i need to do all 5 stages?

·
Registered
47 Posts
As far as wheelies go, I can pull the front end off the ground in HIGH Gear with out pulling or shifting my weight any I do not need to go in LOW Gear for that. And as far as low gear goes before the dynatek cdi and the clutch work I was able to hit 27 to 29, and I have not tested it with the cdi and clutch work yet, so I cannot comment on that yet. And the HP between a stock 700h1 and my 650h1 could not be that much from what I've read. I still say unless you have motor work done to your 650h1 only go stages 1-3 you will be happy. And my secondary is clocked to the stock setting on the spring, I asked Adam to do that after I sent him everything.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
700H1 is rated at 44hp and the 650H1 is at 39hp off the CARB web site. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
canam i have a black magic pipe and stage one, just talked to airdam going to get the 2 thru 5 this week

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (renderme45 @ Nov 14 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As far as wheelies go, I can pull the front end off the ground in HIGH Gear with out pulling or shifting my weight any I do not need to go in LOW Gear for that. And as far as low gear goes before the dynatek cdi and the clutch work I was able to hit 27 to 29, and I have not tested it with the cdi and clutch work yet, so I cannot comment on that yet. And the HP between a stock 700h1 and my 650h1 could not be that much from what I've read. I still say unless you have motor work done to your 650h1 only go stages 1-3 you will be happy. And my secondary is clocked to the stock setting on the spring, I asked Adam to do that after I sent him everything.[/b]

Thanks man thats the info i was looking for.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Me too. On my 500m I did 41 mph in low with 450lbs (2 people), front and rear bumpers, 30 zillas, and 200 pounds of mud on it. My wife 650h1 would have blown up before doing that.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
AIRDAM / I have my 700 on a trailer as I type.
I am going to get the side yanked off and send both to you, if wife permits... LOL

For anyone who needs more info.

* I started with a stock AC 700 with EFI.
Low end was missing a bit that was noticeable as my Polaris 500 HO would eat it taking off.
Top Speed however was about 66ish and more with 25s and a 240LB arse.

* I've added the VDI and Dalton Clutch with rollers and gained a little tiny bit of crawling ability.
As a result more top speed, only slightly more with less slip, better take off.
No limits in the engine, Revers and 4x4 limits removed.

* I then added the coop45mod or, just bought shims to place behind the primary (a monkey can do it in 20 mins)
I added the full 2mm with 3 shims.
Result was much more like a 700 should act, really peppy, raise up with throttle and go like hell taking off.
Also, top speed was lost, now it will get to about 60ish or more just gets there fast - but did loose top end, I think it even revs out.
In all - Good power for big wheels.

* I added 28 Zillas and some lift, gained some needed traction as well as helped put some of that power to use.

Now - Cons to above setup:
Adding shims shortens the amount of contact on that spline, not that it seems to matter.
I should have done the puc mod first before the lift... he he he....

++++Positive thoughts on the AIRDAM (corrective action modification):

AC and or the Suzuki design is good as it allows safe control and fun for most who have the ATV for Utility only.

Those who like to go play with all the rest of the ATVs, both utility and sport will want to look into this correction in design to help improve on the design. Lets face it, the Mud pro can be improved and its newer than mine, My older bike don't have the SLD. This isn't to build up the idea behind tossing out a good idea, its to point out that everyone wants best of both design in one bike - No snorkel for the suzuki, come on, we'll just PVC it and cut some rack... LOL...

This correction modification gets some of the rough edges out of the mix so it lets you control how much you break - not held back by the design limits.

Make ya wonder why there is such a thing called VDI among other add-on systems, you'd think you'd bought the highest performance available just by buying a high-dollar AC for said performance right off the show-room floor... We all know thats not the case, hence we have someone with a lathe and some time to help get it right.. ;)

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts