Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone remove an airbox from a '90 Jag AFS? I have the service manual and it provides no instructions at all. The rubber boot that goes from the carb to the airbox has a split in it so I'm trying to replace it. I could not get the split boot off without cutting it down the middle. On other sleds you just remove the airbox and that allows free access to the front of the carb and carb boot. I just don't see a simple way to do this with this model.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
carb boot

If the boot has a split flange where it mates with the airbox (like my '93 Jag) then first push it gently down into the lower part of the airbox's round hole. Then use a straight screwdriver to gently push, little by little, the rest of the 'inside' part of the split flange into the airbox. It's a pain but it should work.

JB

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new boot was very flexible so I was able to get in installed. Still haven't figured out how the airbox comes out though. I'm amazed the Arctic Cat service manual I bought for this sled has no instructions or diagrams on how the airbox is installed or removed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was just going to post on this same issue.

Looking at it, the only way I see to get the darn thing off is to unbolt the steering column. Both top and bottom.
I've got the engine out, the console off, seat off, gas tank off etc. etc.
I still can't get the damn airbox off.
Even unbolting the top mount isn't enough to get it out.
:(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been looking over this parts diagram and then looking it over in the sled and still can't figure it out. I stuck a mirror inside the carb boot opening and couldn't see anything that would lead to it's removal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
take four hands and loosen the bottom bolts on the column.
They are underneath the tunnel above the track.
Remove the top bolts from the frame tube that the console bolts to.
That's the only way I can see.
As I said, I've got the engine out and it's still a PITA.
Even with the column out, the carbs might have to come off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting when I removed the seat, I looked through the gap between the gas tank and the console and could see straight into the carb. Always wondered where the intake for the airbox was. I'll have to plug up this opening during the off season to prevent mice from building a nice home inside.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its simple just remove the 2 bolt on the top off the stering colone to move freely remove carb and intake and pull out wit pri bar but if you need to replace the boot you dont need remove it just put oil on boot to install in my afs the airbox is made for one carb so i remove that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.