Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

In reading about this topic in the past, I've heard that the modified air intake ie: the BMP high flow billet intake somehow screws around with harmonics of the air being pushed in to the air box, thus not necessarily increasing the air flow. The shape of the stock air intake allows for a vacum effect some how.

If that's the case, would it be agreed that the SLP version of the high flow intake is more suitable for this purpose since it maintaines the same tornado shaped cone as the stock. The only difference is that they've made it larger to accept more air.

And it's more cost effective since it is not billet aluminum. just my 2 cents. Anyone out there have any more proof that these modified air intakes just don't work well with the air-force induction of the F7. or that they in fact do improve performance?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I heard that they don't change a thing.. their was a either a topic on this site or hcs on this subject. They did a dyno report on it and the guy said that some people were changing the horn from the earlier snopros saying that they made more h.p too but they tested them to.. I think they look trick though Rockerdude

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ive seen a lengthy review/report on these From Jim @ dynoTech/ChDyno,,and the conclusive results from them are little if nothing seen on the dyno..F7's and 6's.

But many have seen otherwise..with improvements .IE;seat of thepants/field testing(AKA drag runs)

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
for what it's worth....dyno numbers have yet to show an increase, but radar runs have shown 1.7-2 mph increase in top end after swapping out a stock intake....when used on the same sled, with multiple back-to-back runs trying to keep all else the same

·
Registered
130 Posts
if you want some more breathing out of your cat, I seen that bmp has made a duel filter for the Fcats looks kinda different. It replaces the whole air horn assembly with twin cone filters and prefilters. It also says something about replacing vents or somethin.. Check it out bmp performance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts