Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my sled into my local dealer to have some service bulletin work done that the dealer I bought it from missed. They noticed air in the oil line and said that it would cause engine failure and that my dealer didn't set it up right.

Now, I understand what lack of oil does, but I guess I am not sure what a single air bubble will do. Aren't the oil pumps mechanical gear pumps that pull from the resivoir and simply pass the air bubble?? Won't the engine 100:1 mix on the first tank protect the sled from that air bubble?

Also fixing it requires tipping it on its side (according to the service manual), won't that create even more air bubbles?

Any input on this would help.

·
Registered
127 Posts
what i did was got a bottle jack jacked up the right side of the sled(if you are sitting on it) and took off my oil cap. let it sit like that for a day and its gone and hasnt came back. give it a try

·
Registered
89 Posts
You only have to worry about getting air in the oil lines when tipping the sled on it's right side. IMO, if you can see air bubbles in the oil line, you should get them out. They could dislodge themselves long after that first tank of gas/oil mix is gone. It's worth the 10-15 min. it will take you to bleed the lines.

G

·
JUST CURIOUS, WHY DOES NO ONE USE THE BLEED SCREW ON THE PUMP??? CRACKED MY BLEEDER AND LET THE OIL RUN THROUGH. OH SO SIMPLE!!! IS THIS THE WRONG WAY???

·
Registered
26 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ktmboyz @ Jan 25 2007, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
JUST CURIOUS, WHY DOES NO ONE USE THE BLEED SCREW ON THE PUMP??? CRACKED MY BLEEDER AND LET THE OIL RUN THROUGH. OH SO SIMPLE!!! IS THIS THE WRONG WAY???[/b]
Your way is the right way to do it, but if you do it this way you have to take the belly pan off. When you tip it on the left side you do not and it will have the same result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts