Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yuppers always have the outwear over the filters, just for that extra little bit of safety. Keeps alot of water from soaking into the filter too. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
7,965 Posts
On the 05 I run the stock filter. I have a k&n for my 03 500 but I use the stock one it it also, It has more surface area than the k&n. When its extremely dusty out,(in the summer at our cabin it gets really dry) I bring both filters w/ me and just exchange them the next morning instead of wasing and waiting for it to dry. I really cant tell the difference between the 2 filters.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Outter filter for sure, stops most water and fine dust. Great insurance for a little cost

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tiggershark @ Jan 12 2007, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
On the 05 I run the stock filter. I have a k&n for my 03 500 but I use the stock one it it also, It has more surface area than the k&n. When its extremely dusty out,(in the summer at our cabin it gets really dry) I bring both filters w/ me and just exchange them the next morning instead of wasing and waiting for it to dry. I really cant tell the difference between the 2 filters.[/b]

So, the stock filter works better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts