Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with my 99 ZR 700 keeping the air box boots to stay on the carbs????

They keep coming off and i had a lean condition on the lake yesterday and almost toasted the right piston.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
do you have your clamps on the boots? are the boots seated all the way around the carb? I had that problem once last year and I tightened the crap out of the clamps and did not have another problem after that

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
no clamp on airbox boot

sounds like you do not have the carb all the way in

Take the shelf out of the airbox and you can see the inside of the boot and if the carb is all the way in

·
Registered
727 Posts
Take the shelf and horns out of the air box and reach in with your hand and work the boot over the carb flange. Heat the boot up with a heat gun or hair dryer first and it will be a lot easier. Push the boot all the way up against the carb and let the rubber cool down and then check it before you put the shelf back in. This is the only way to get them on correctly.

BP

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had same problem. Install a gear clamp around each boot. I don't think this sled came with the boot clamped around the carb but this was the only way I could keep it on. No problems since.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I keep going in threw the air box to put them on but they keep working them selve off.

I think I might try to clamp them on around the carbs somehow.

K&Ns would be the way to go but air filters scare me!

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
I find it hard to believe once on they would come off

that is a very tight spot

New one should be about $70 at Sudbury Boat

Do you have access to a camera

take pic and shows us what you mean

·
Administrator
7,965 Posts
I have never had a boot issue w/ my 99 ZR 700. They just kinda fall into place once I put them back on. The heat gun idea sounds like a good try. Then clamps if needed afterwards.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
I just checked the price for you

its $31 canadian for the airbox boot

Go to SBC and order a new one

BTW mine for my 600 was $80

#2 on this pic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts