Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the second set of wear bars on my sled after riding 600+ miles with the AGLT mod.

Granted, I have been riding on some pretty thin trails and down the side of paved roads and I'm sure that this definitely had something to do with it. But in years past (before the mod) I have riden in similar conditions without burning down the carbides quite so quickly.

Here is what I think is going on:

Before the mod I basically had my front shocks (spring tension) set very stiff so that they were at the top of their stroke. I then adjusted the track (skid frame) so it sat pretty flat on the ground if you raised the rear of the sled.

After the AGLT mod the whole suspension floats so it is difficult to tell whether the skid frame or the skies are carrying the weight. The front end now is somewhere in the middle of it's range of travel so it is a new ball game to determine how to set up the suspension.

I have found that the rear skid frame adjustments now have a much more significant affect on ski pressure and overall handling. If you set the front shock stiffer and lengthen the limiter straps, the front end of the sled will ride high as compared to before I would lift my skis alot.

The bottom line is this (I think). Leave your front springs medium loose and let the skid frame carry the weight.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Interesting!

The 9" SLP wear bars purchased at the same time I bought the Powder Pros have close to 5500+ miles on them.

They're kind of rounded + flat now, but still lots of meat left for wear bar/ski protection... Far from sharp. But did last a long time.

You don't want much more height on the front than stock, maybe only a couple inches more height than stock and that's plenty of pre-load on the ski springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts