Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
What do you mean backspacing? What kind of riding do you go? That's going to be the first question that needs to be answered to give you a proper answer. There are many great tires, but a great mudding tire won't be ideal if you are mainly hard pack trails, for example.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I think he's talking about the offset of the wheel, nothing to do with tire....like when you went from stock wheels to type 4's Todd, they stuck out because of the different offset. I can't tell you which wheels would satisfy your requirements, but I'm sure others will be along that will.

:beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes... Hos650 is right, only talking about wheels.

Definition of OFFSET - The distance from the centerline of the wheel to the mounting surface of the wheel.

Definition of BACK SPACE - The distance from the extreme back edge of rim to wheel mounting surface.

The factory AC wheels have large amount of back space. I have seen some aftermarket wheels that stick out way to much, so I was wondering which brands match the factory wheels the best? I want to keep the overall width down as I frequently run on very tight trails.

·
Registered
934 Posts
you can always order a set of wheels from Cat. Maybe try the LE wheels, there are 2 types (05 and 06-07) and the 06-07 LE wheels have colour options. These will not increase the width of your bike at all. If they are not offered as an accessory then just order them as replacement parts for the proper LE bike. :beer_cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts