Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any aftermarket or replacement shocks for the cats. I think mine are toast and am needing some new ones. Need something tough to hole up to mud. Thanks

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I believe Elka also has some aftermarket performance shocks for the cat 4x4's but they are also more expensive then the Works suspension too.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
yep, i e-mailed elka and they said between 600-700 for a pair setup to your specifications ie. weight, riding style ect. i have been debating on the works, local parts dealer can get me a better price than on the site but still quite expensive.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
dealer on e-bay just replied to me 419 a pair (works) with a 10 % discount, but that is with the duel rate spring setup with NO resivors or preload adjustments. another 102 a pair for threaded collor so the preload can be changed. waiting on his responce on a full set adjustable with res. i am figureing around 675 ish a pair, but will post incase someone else is looking into it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kevin-Keep us informed. Thanks Danny

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
sent him 2 emails about price for what i wanted, no responce.

there is another member looking up prices for me, should know by next week sometime.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
here is the info from the seller on e-bay:

What we offer for the Arctic Cat 500 or 650 4x4 manufactured after 2004 (stock 15.75 inch long eye-to-eye length front, and stock 15.25 inch long eye-to-eye length rear), is the following:

Our app guide is listing the following:
A-T Steeler series, which come with 1/2 inch diameter shaft, Dual-Rate shocks, which are factory pre-set for rider application, weight and riding style. This style would not come standard with Threaded spring pre-load adjustment, but rather would be an add-on option.

$379.00 for front pair (15.75 inch long stock eye-to-eye length), or rear pair (15.25 inch long stock eye-to-eye length).

Add $75.00 to add Threaded spring Pre-Load (Tpl)

Add $180.00 if you want the remote reservoirs (Rez - keeps oil cooler).

Add $290.00 if you want a single-line, natural aluminum color, ACR Reservoir (Compression Adjustment)

The only adjustment we cannot add to the A-T Steeler series would be rebound adjustment (rebound adjustment requires drilled 5/8? diameter shaft).

You were asking for a heavier duty fully adjustable shock, we can offer to custom-build a shock with the following options;

G Series, which come standard with Gold and Black color Annodized Aluminum Parts, Black Steel body, 5/8 inch diameter shaft, Rebound adjustment, Heim Spherical Bearings (heavy-duty), Threaded spring Pre-load, and Dual-Rate Spring set.

$589.00 for G Series (Rebound Adjustable) Shocks.
The front pair is 15.625 inch long eye-to-eye length, the rear pair is 15.25 inch long stock eye-to-eye length.

Options are as follows:

Add $40.00 if you want Triple-Rate Springs.

Add $350.00 if you want a single-line, gold anodized ACR Reservoir (Compression Adjustment).

Since you are being referred by our e-bay listings, we can offer a 10% online discount. Please ask for Pierre or Randy and we would gladly assist you with your order.

Thank You,
Randall Eaken
Works Performance Shocks
818 701-1010
Respond to this question

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts