Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Have had three with the Team bearing clutch and no issues what so ever! That being said, I am really looking forward to my 2022 with the new lighter better built clutch. Quicker response and much easier to service. No fears what so ever.
What servicing and modifying have you personally done on your Team clutches? Or were all of yours stock and you drove just your stock clutches? And when you say quicker response, your sled is not out yet, so how do you know this? because as Greg (who knows a ton more than me and a lot of people on here) said "No one knows anything on that new design other than what cat marketing has told us." so not even having the sled yet how are you even stating this? The OP has all Cat clutches like my 800

·
Registered
274 Posts
Have had three with the Team bearing clutch and no issues what so ever! That being said, I am really looking forward to my 2022 with the new lighter better built clutch. Quicker response and much easier to service. No fears what so ever.
I've had one. Junk after 1500 miles

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
What servicing and modifying have you personally done on your Team clutches? Or were all of yours stock and you drove just your stock clutches? And when you say quicker response, your sled is not out yet, so how do you know this? because as Greg (who knows a ton more than me and a lot of people on here) said "No one knows anything on that new design other than what cat marketing has told us." so not even having the sled yet how are you even stating this? The OP has all Cat clutches like my 800
Just using common sense. One pound lighter is going to take less to spool it up. Have done no work to any of my other clutches.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
@Jim.Ram...... err. Ummmmmmmmmm.. I mean
@ZR6000 primarily had 6000's as did I. With that engine, the Team Clutches performed pretty well and were reliable. Granted, there was room for improvement in calibration to get it to peak RPM, but they seemed to otherwise work well and were pretty solid.

I get the fact that the T-Cat and (to a lessor degree) 8000 owners were dissatisfied with Team-- so I understand the skepticism on the new Cat Clutches. Lighter weight = quicker spooling, but does it = more reliable? Thus Greg B's point.

Just from a design standpoint and from the pics we've seen, it does appear that tunability and serviceability should be improved. I am cautiously optimistic.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
@Jim.Ram...... err. Ummmmmmmmmm.. I mean
@ZR6000 primarily had 6000's as did I. With that engine, the Team Clutches performed pretty well and were reliable. Granted, there was room for improvement in calibration to get it to peak RPM, but they seemed to otherwise work well and were pretty solid.

I get the fact that the T-Cat and (to a lessor degree) 8000 owners were dissatisfied with Team-- so I understand the skepticism on the new Cat Clutches. Lighter weight = quicker spooling, but does it = more reliable? Thus Greg B's point.

Just from a design standpoint and from the pics we've seen, it does appear that tunability and serviceability should be improved. I am cautiously optimistic.
I am just going by what my dealer told me and that was the Cat put alot of time to get these clutches right. They have never steered me wrong on anything so I am very optimistic.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I'm headed to Hay Days on Saturday, so maybe I'll see if I can get more info and snap some pics of the new Clutches.....

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm headed to Hay Days on Saturday, so maybe I'll see if I can get more info and snap some pics of the new Clutches.....
That would be Awesome! Have not been able to get to my dealer as have been in 15 hour day construction for the last three weeks. I know he has been getting sleds in though.

·
Super Moderator
9,267 Posts
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2013 F800 LXR and the surface of the primary clutch is grooved/worn so....time for an upgrade? I've been trying to google/find info on aftermarket clutches but it doesn't look like the exist/if they do they aren't worth it unless you are racing. What is everyone's thoughts? Should I just buy a factory Cat clutch and build it with aftermarket parts/spring? What brands do people recommend?

FYI the secondary clutch has the BMP stage 2 "the fix" kit in it. I'd like to try and get an option that will play well with the secondary kit. I've reached out to BMP to get their thoughts but, they haven't gotten back to me yet.
How bad are the grooves and where?
I've had quite a few of those and they all had grooves down low. The marks seemed worse if I ran hard belts and tight deflection. Those clutches have relatively beefy sheaves and I ran them unless things looked pretty bad. The rollers were a bigger issue and led to more failures.
There are quite a few options if you want to upgrade to a new style. The PTO stub has been the same for quite awhile. The biggest issue is that clutching is a package deal. Mismatched secondary clutching doesn't make happy clutching. It would take some work if you swapped to a different style primary.
The 2013 stock secondary wasn't bad for tuning. Your easiest option might be just putting on the same style primary and tune from there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You could do a direct replacement cat clutch, you could do a team clutch with no bearing, you could do a team clutch with bearing, you could do a 2022 clutch, you could do a cvtech powerblock clutch. Just do what you can find and price seems best for you. Don't bother with a used clutch, you already have a used clutch. All those options I listed will work just fine and they'll all require some fine tuning if you want a dialed setup. The powerblock is pretty tunable.. see the YouTube video by syxxes. The standard clutches you could get adjustable weights to tune them. Or just run whatever stock weights and forget about it and be at 90% which is just fine for trail riders. Guys get too obsessed with this stuff when they're not even racing if they'd only put that same thought and effort into chassis and handling, something that they would benefit from every single corner instead of one grudge race a year

21 - 29 of 29 Posts