Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2013 F800 LXR and the surface of the primary clutch is grooved/worn so....time for an upgrade? I've been trying to google/find info on aftermarket clutches but it doesn't look like the exist/if they do they aren't worth it unless you are racing. What is everyone's thoughts? Should I just buy a factory Cat clutch and build it with aftermarket parts/spring? What brands do people recommend?

FYI the secondary clutch has the BMP stage 2 "the fix" kit in it. I'd like to try and get an option that will play well with the secondary kit. I've reached out to BMP to get their thoughts but, they haven't gotten back to me yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have their own springs which are a much different rate than the Arctic Cat springs.
Cool, thanks. I'll reach out to them and inquire.

Once I get a new clutch/ride it this winter I will follow up with how it performs with the secondary BMP clutch kit.

·
Administrator
7,983 Posts
Get a good used clutch and go thru it

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cat has stated that the clutch will bolt on no problems to the sleds with the team idler bearing clutch without any issues.
Aye, however, his is a 2013, prior to that version, did the PTO shaft change at all between 2013 and 2017/ 2018 when the idler clutch came out?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That changes things. You would need to replace the jack shaft and driven clutch at the very least. Power Block or a new older style clutch seems like a more affordable way to go.

·
Super Moderator
8,494 Posts
Aye, however, his is a 2013, prior to that version, did the PTO shaft change at all between 2013 and 2017/ 2018 when the idler clutch came out?
No cat has been using a 33mm crank stub on the 2 strokes for a long time.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That changes things. You would need to replace the jack shaft and driven clutch at the very least. Power Block or a new older style clutch seems like a more affordable way to go.
No cat has been using a 33mm crank stub on the 2 strokes for a long time.
Two good tidbits of info here. Ideally, updating to the newest cat clutches on the 2022's would be the "best" option, with the powerbloc being the "better"? Maybe?

·
Super Moderator
8,494 Posts
Two good tidbits of info here. Ideally, updating to the newest cat clutches on the 2022's would be the "best" option, with the powerbloc being the "better"? Maybe?
I would try a power block over the new cat clutch just because it is new. I personally I would put a Polaris cultch on it from fastrax

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I would try a power block over the new cat clutch just because it is new. I personally I would put a Polaris cultch on it from fastrax
The new clutch is solid but the cost to update a 2013 to me says aftermarket. The newer poo clutches are no where near as good when the HP was lower. That goes for all brands btw.

·
Super Moderator
8,494 Posts
The new clutch is solid but the cost to update a 2013 to me says aftermarket. The newer poo clutches are no where near as good when the HP was lower. That goes for all brands btw.
No one knows anything on that new design other than what cat marketing has told us. The teams haven’t been that great and are already being replaced with this new design. Hopefully the new one holds up better than the team they told us was best thing ever

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No one knows anything on that new design other than what cat marketing has told us. The teams haven’t been that great and are already being replaced with this new design. Hopefully the new one holds up better than the team they told us was best thing ever
Have had three with the Team bearing clutch and no issues what so ever! That being said, I am really looking forward to my 2022 with the new lighter better built clutch. Quicker response and much easier to service. No fears what so ever.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
@BraAap BraAap - Did you hear back from BMP yet? I'd be curious to know their thoughts..... They are going to know what combination has best worked with the Stage 2 FIX driven kit.

As I recall, there was supposed binding in the driven clutch that was impacting belt life and the BMP "Fix" kit was new bushings to smooth it out.......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts