Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Advice on buying a new holdover *Bought one, pics on 3*

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize and feel to move it accordingly.

I'm looking at some 2012 F8s at local dealerships and just wondering what to expect trying to haggle them on pricing. I don't want to be sitting on the fence waiting for a better deal and miss out, but want to get a good deal, of course. I'm seeing them for between 8-8400 right now at few places and wondering how much lower they'd go after spring orders start. I talked to a dealer yesterday and he said to check back later this week when Cat would be putting bigger rebates on them. I have enough cash to buy one outright, but don't really want to deplete that savings, and am also pre-approved through my bank, though I think the dealer can beat the financing rates. My reason for wanting to finance is to build my credit more (though I'm anywhere close to 800 already). So what do you all think? Can I haggle the price down, or get them to throw in some goodies, or am I running out of time to get a good spring deal? Sorry for any spelling/ grammar issues, I'm on my phone. Thanks for any help!

·
Banned
122 Posts
Just buy what you like and dont look back. No matter what you pay a week later there will always be a better deal. If your happy with your purchase a couple hundred bucks isnt a big deal. Get it now ride it now. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I guess it depends on how much value you place on getting some miles in this season yet. Obviously if you wait until after the season you will see the prices come down, how much depends on the dealer and which sled it is. If it was me I think I would find the one you like the best and have some fun this year yet. The only thing to remember when buying a leftover is if you trade often, you will get hammered on trade-in/resale value. If you keep your sleds for awhile it doesn't make much difference.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I have my ZR that I could trade, but I don't want to. I'll probably be keeping it as a spare/ wife's/ kid's sled (800, eehhhhhhh, it might be awhile for them). And my plan was to buy at end of season to get the best deal, so I'm not worried about being able to ride it til next winter. I was just concerned with it almost being March, is it considered "end of season" yet and how long I should hold out. Country Cat (the one I'm really looking at, and is closest to me besides one in town) doesn't say how many they have left. Whereas, a few other's have only a couple left. So, I don't want to wait too long, but also want a good deal too. I've never bought a new anything before, so this is why it's such a big deal to me. Thanks for your advice so far!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Just my 2 cents... I have a 2013 800RR and I love it! But... There's some really good stuff coming out for 2014... I'de wait!! Wish i did!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As cool as I think the '14's are so far, they'll be a little out of my budget for awhile. I was initially looking at 10's and 11's for the sake of the 800H.O., but then found holdover 12's to be around same price for what people were asking for used, and since the Procross seems to be a better sled than the Twin-Spar (I could be wrong, but I like the looks of the PC too!), I figured I'd just try to step into a 12. I guess if I don't strike a deal on one, I might end of waiting for another year anyway, haha.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
If you get a good deal on a 12 go for it if that's what you want and can afford.. We're all good peeps here... We'll get ya dialed in and running!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Just my 2 cents... I have a 2013 800RR and I love it! But... There's some really good stuff coming out for 2014... I'de wait!! Wish i did!
What caught your eye from the 14s? I'm really liking the 137" slide action in the XFs. I don't care for the graphics of the 14s much, but the black and white Ltd is starting to grow on me. :lol:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
As cool as I think the '14's are so far, they'll be a little out of my budget for awhile. I was initially looking at 10's and 11's for the sake of the 800H.O., but then found holdover 12's to be around same price for what people were asking for used, and since the Procross seems to be a better sled than the Twin-Spar (I could be wrong, but I like the looks of the PC too!), I figured I'd just try to step into a 12. I guess if I don't strike a deal on one, I might end of waiting for another year anyway, haha.
There are many that would not call the Procross a better sled then the Twin Spar. I would say they are different and meant for different purposes. The Twin Spar is more made for cruising groomed trails, while the Procross is much more suited for ditch banging and really riding hard. I'm sure it is also a good groomed trails machine, but it definitely has more fun factor than the Twin Spars.

If you don't care if you ride it this year or not, I would wait until next fall. You can pick up a leftover 13 at the start of next season or you will probably still be able to find some 12s at smokin' deals. You will probably pay a little more for the 13, but you will also have a year newer sled and not have to worry about if it has all the updates done or not. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one, so just go with what you think works out best for you. If you find a good deal this spring yet, jump on it, but don't pay too much for one b/c you're worried about finding one for next year. There are plenty of them out there.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
What caught your eye from the 14s? I'm really liking the 137" slide action in the XFs. I don't care for the graphics of the 14s much, but the black and white Ltd is starting to grow on me. :lol:
X-2 just threw the deposit down on the ZR 9000

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the nice comments and help guys! I appreciate it. Helpful people and knowledge are why I keep coming back here. I will probably snag a 12 hopefully in the next few weeks. I'm sure there will be some left. I guess I'm just really anxious for one, but don't want to be hasty or impatient. I'll keep you all posted for sure!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here in NY Troy City Garage is the barometer for price, they always have the lowest available price around and their current price is $100 less then Country Cat. I'd say that's about as low as you'll see and the 2011's and even 10's are too much cheaper. It sounds like if you can wait a few more weeks you're just allowing yourself to earn a bit more interest on your money.

Despite TCG having the best prices around I still bought from Arctic Adventures because of their reputation and I have to say I couldn't be more pleased with the way they have been treated me as a customer. To me that is worth several hundred dollars.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know, I've been telling people that what makes me okay spending a little more money somewhere (whether it's groceries, gas, car parts, etc.) is customer service. Places need that in a "bad" economy when people are less willing to spend money. And thanks for the info about your dealer over there. I'll keep their numbers in mind.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I cant imagine why you wished you waited,,,what else could you want on top of the 800RR ??

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had my 2012 F8 SP Retro with 505 miles and a ton of accessories at $8500 and barely got it. Meaning it was listed a long long time! I would wait

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I cant imagine why you wished you waited,,,what else could you want on top of the 800RR ??
it has it's problems like the rest of them... I just don't talk about them... Wrench and ride!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
EL Tigre... Green...

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well guys, I went to the dealer today and signed some papers........Cat happy Rockerdude

.....and will be picking up my '12 F8 Snopro tommorrow evening. I'm pumped! This is the first new thing (car/truck/ sled/ lawnmower) I've ever bought. I hope this baby goes and is as solid and dependable as my ZR has been (I'm keeping 'er too). Will keep you all posted!!!

Oh, and anyone wanna trade windshields? I am looking at a mid-height as the SP low one is a little too short for me. And those accessories prices.......ouch!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts