Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to replace my seat skin with a new one from Scottys Sledshed. Looking for advice before I do-it-myself. Its a 94 t-cat and removing the gas tank from the seat assembly is the area in question along with how is the skin attached, staples? adhesive? or a combo? Again, as always, advice is appreciated-Mike

·
Registered
186 Posts
pretty simple to do, should only take around an hour. seat and gas tank assembly come off simple. just two bolts in the back compartment, take all of the lines and wireing clips off. make sure you drain your tank as you will be flipping it upside down. The cover is just stapled on, yank it off remove the old staples and install your cover. be careful not to leave a wrinkle in the cover when you staple it down. a little lose is ok, you can pull the looseness out by using a hair dryer. hope that helps

·
Registered
558 Posts
I put one of his covers on my sled and it turned out great. Like he said, all you need is a staplegun and some patience. I had some stencils made at a local sign shop and vinyl dyed the Arctic Cat on the back of the seat. It looks just like factory! Good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well just finished the install of the custom seat skin that i bought from the Sledshed. Scott King was truly patient with every idea floating thru my mind. It was only $139 and fit near perfect, thanks again Scott. If anyone is thinking about doing this give him a holler: great price and he worked with me and delivered in less than 10 days. I also picked up a few new decals from e-decals and e-bay we'll see how long they last in those locations!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Did you have to add foam anywhere to get the cover snugger?

Looks perfect!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
lOOKS AWESOME, JUST GOT A NEW ONE WITH THE REAR ALL GREEN, JUST GOTTA SWITCH EM AROUND.... HOPE IT TURNS OUT AS GOOD AS YOURS DID..sry for caps..lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You definitely need an extra set of hands, son was home from college(had to wake em up at 2pm, lol) I worked my way from back to front then side to side. I thought about adding 1" of foam on top of existing padding but decided against it because the seat skin was measured from original, I even had the extra foam cut and in place but the old padding was in very good shape. While the seat was off I cleaned , primed and repainted the top and sides black then added the decals. Skid needs repainting next but snow is coming it can wait til next year.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tcatman, go to his website at scottysparts.com(not sure if its 100% up and running) and you'll see an e-mail form, thats how i contacted him. I also checked his F ee-bay store and you get an idea of what he can do for you from stock to total custom. Scott King was his name and hes got a real good thing going, he was customer friendly, quick and reliable but best of all a low reasonable price

1 - 12 of 12 Posts