Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Firecat F7 EFI Sno Pro with stock suspension that I need to adjust or upgrade in certain areas. I am a heavy guy (270 lbs without gear) and I ride very aggressively. This past week I have been bottoming out the front and rear suspension consistently and I want to stiffen things up. I have adjusted the rear torsion springs to the heaviest setting, but what else can I do to make things stiffer? I have 0 knowledge on how to adjust suspension, and I have the adjustable clicker shocks on the front (do they come on the rear skid as well?), and I don't know how to adjust them correctly. Will putting more compression on the front springs help things in the front end as well?

Throw some ideas at me, my shocks are all still in good shape, I just need to adjust things better and/or buy heavier springs possibly.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Arctic Cat has what they call Big Boy springs, i have Just installed a set on my 04 F7 sno pro and they help a little. I am 220+ without gear and the ride has improved. As for the front. I think that you can get a heaver springs for that as well, I don't have a problem with the fron bottoming out Just the back.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had the same problem as you did I do not have the snow pro supention but i put on the big boy springs and help alot . I do alot of jumping and now i do not bottom out i weigh about the same as you at 6'-2'' :super_happy:

·
Registered
302 Posts
i got a ride tech stage 2 kit done on mine this summer, wow what a difference, i do alot of freestyle and what not, and i wrecked some parts last year from bottoming out, its 330 bucks plus shippin but so worth it, complete revalves on shocks, new springs, and prefectly suited to your riding style, im hanging 12ft+ air no problem, loving it. 210 lbs, and im not sure that oyu would have clicker shocks on the front unless they were changed or modified
Fett Brothers performance
pm me for more info

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cazwell @ Jan 10 2007, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i got a ride tech stage 2 kit done on mine this summer, wow what a difference, i do alot of freestyle and what not, and i wrecked some parts last year from bottoming out, its 330 bucks plus shippin but so worth it, complete revalves on shocks, new springs, and prefectly suited to your riding style, im hanging 12ft+ air no problem, loving it. 210 lbs, and im not sure that oyu would have clicker shocks on the front unless they were changed or modified
Fett Brothers performance
pm me for more info[/b]
How does it corner after the upgrade, that is on my wish list for next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts